Classic Audi » Audi Sport / Competition » Rally chat » Heuer Audi Sport Watch

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-17, 08:59 AM   #1
mazoue
Newbie!

Default Heuer Audi Sport Watch

As a vintage watch enthusiast and as someone who inherited a passion for rallying from his father, I have always wanted one of these and recently managed to acquire one at auction.

I understand that they were commissioned by Audi Sport U.K. & David Sutton Motorsport Ltd. Exact numbers are not known but it is thought that fewer than 200 were made. They were only on sale for around 2 months in 1983/84 and may have been offered to buyers of the Audi Sport Quattro. The advert attached is in ‘Audi Sport, World of Rallying No.6 by Martin Holmes’.

It is also thought that they were given to members of the Audi Sport Rally Team at the time and, in particular, that Hannu Mikkola has one.

I would dearly like to find a photograph of one of the drivers at the time wearing one of these watches (Mikkola, Mouton, Blomqvist or Röhrl). I suspect cockpit photos are the most likely to yield results.

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Ps I should add that my watch is not for sale and that the photos attached are examples from the internet and not of my watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8521477485_41c316b7ae_z.jpg (113.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 8521587117_b0d80f76d7_z.jpg (86.6 KB, 39 views)
mazoue is offline   Reply With Quote