Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Need help. Audi 90 b3

Old 21-01-22, 07:55 AM   #1
xxErix
Grown up member

Default Need help. Audi 90 b3

Hello..

I am a little bit mechanically minded but not massively. But i I want to learn

I will be attemting to change clutch master cylinder, bleed breaks, and change oil prrssure sensor.

Can anyone give some tips or something? So i dont **** things up.

Also, is oil pressure sensor just sort of a swap thing or I need to drain oil too.

Thanks
xxErix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 08:49 AM   #2
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Get a decent one person brake bleed kit if you haven’t done so already.

Remove the drivers seat when doing the clutch master cylinder. Seems excessive in the beginning but you’ll thank yourself later. (Assuming B3 clutch master cylinder is up with the pedal box).
Old 21-01-22, 09:58 AM   #3
xxErix
Grown up member

Ive got a mate to help me out, so got two people for bleeding breaks
Old 21-01-22, 10:05 AM   #4
xxErix
Grown up member

Also. Appart from break oil, do i need anything else to bleed them?
Old 21-01-22, 10:17 AM   #5
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

In at the deep end there.

Not a lot of room to get at the oil pressure sender. There's 2 of them. Lower one is fairly easy and just needs a spanner. Easiest to go in from the engine mount side. The top one, there is a water hose that gets in the way. I use a spanner behind the water hose which you'll need to stretch slightly away from the block and slot it down behind the sensor (17mm) to undo it. You might lose a small amount of oil.

I'd recommend a pressure bleeder for doing the brakes and clutch. Bleeding is done in order - longest brake line away from the master cylinder gets done first. Rear left, rear right, left front and right front. Minimum of 250ml of fresh fluid from each caliper. I always do more from the first one.

Clutch master is a messy job. Put cloth or towel down in the foot well. Clamp off the hose from the brake fluid reservoir to the clutch. Undo the hydraulic line in the engine bay - you'll need a container to catch the fluid. Note this is an unusual size at 12mm. Inside the car, the hose needs to be pulled off the MC - there's a hose outlet on the top. Based on my experience the fluid will go everywhere. It's held on by 2 bolts which need an allen key to undo.

The most difficult part will be re-threading the hydraulic line into the master cylinder. I'd suggest wire brushing the threads of the line to clean them up. It needs to be bolted up inside the car first. You'll then need to bleed the clutch from the slave which is on the gearbox. Turn the steering all the way to the right for better access
Old 21-01-22, 11:20 AM   #6
xxErix
Grown up member

Thank you. Very useful stuff there. Hopefully me and my mate can figure it out. Ive orded all new parts from autodock. So hopefully will all fit.