Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » rear arches

Old 11-10-20, 05:44 PM   #21
npv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
Makes me sorry for scouring the web trying to help, we just don't need parts suppliers like these !

Hopefully you used paypal or credit card in which case you should be able to get them to sort a refund as per Tractor Dave posted.
ah no your fault.i was asking for help ,going too try again this week and if no reply al get in touch with credit card company,al find sum1 too cut a arch off a car.no worries thanks again,
npv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 08:56 AM   #22
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

Section 75, looks like they cost over £100 (it has to be £100.01 or more!) so you should be OK, but get it done before the deadline passes. Dont bother contacting him any more, he will try to delay until you miss the date then keep your cash...
Old 12-10-20, 12:20 PM   #23
droopsnoot
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackintheFold View Post
Section 75, looks like they cost over £100 (it has to be £100.01 or more!) so you should be OK, but get it done before the deadline passes.
I believe for non-delivery, Section 75 doesn't apply. I paid for a DVD on the old "Pledge Music" scheme which subsequently went bust, and I got a refund from Barclaycard because of non-delivery. I'd only paid £50, and there was no quibbling about whether or not I could have it back. I don't know if that's different because Pledge went into administration, though.
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 12:42 PM   #24
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

Less than £100.01 would be a chargeback rather than S75-I think...
don't take my word for it though!

I haven't read all of this article, but you(npv) might want to in case it is helpful.
https://moneytothemasses.com/using-c...0as%20promised

Last edited by BackintheFold; 12-10-20 at 12:45 PM.
BackintheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 06:32 PM   #25
droopsnoot
Grown up member

Ah, maybe. I know in my situation lots of people didn't claim because it was below the Section 75 limit, which for that specific one wasn't correct.

When we used to sell stuff over the internet in work, whenever we got a chargeback claim the paperwork basically said that there's no point contesting it unless you've got a signed slip from the customer, which of course we didn't when selling online. So either way it's worth @npv calling the credit card company.
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 01:28 PM   #26
npv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopsnoot View Post
Ah, maybe. I know in my situation lots of people didn't claim because it was below the Section 75 limit, which for that specific one wasn't correct.

When we used to sell stuff over the internet in work, whenever we got a chargeback claim the paperwork basically said that there's no point contesting it unless you've got a signed slip from the customer, which of course we didn't when selling online. So either way it's worth @npv calling the credit card company.
thanks guys had a call from him today ,saying hes following up a new supplier .sorry for the long wait, and asking if i can wait till he sorts out the bits seems genuine enough paid £130 all in with postage,just the wait was hoping too get my welding done before winter set in.who wants too go into the garage after sitting in front off the fire,anyway al give it another week or two,cheers for the commments and help,,hopefully all is not lost yet,
Old 21-10-20, 01:42 PM   #27
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackintheFold View Post
Section 75, looks like they cost over £100 (it has to be £100.01 or more!) so you should be OK, but get it done before the deadline passes. Dont bother contacting him any more, he will try to delay until you miss the date then keep your cash...
*cough*
Old 18-11-20, 09:55 PM   #28
npv
Grown up member

decided too hang fire with this guy managed too make contact he told me he had sourced other arches and he would have them in 2 weeks,
,anyway unexpected call yesterday said they arrived and are on there way too me,thank goodness only took 5 months might aswell keep the car now as it was nearly sold.
Old 27-11-20, 04:54 PM   #29
andya
Classic Audi Club Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-B...QAAOSwcUBfTn3q

andya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 11:38 PM   #30
npv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andya View Post
they werent on when i was looking,but thanks anyway,if any1 looking maybe as magnum panels as thats who made the arches,