Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Brexit stuff.

Old 04-01-19, 10:09 PM   #71
Sandro
Grown up member

People, You really believe in things written on Facebook? omg
Sandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 10:59 AM   #72
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Blight View Post
Thank you. At the end of the day it was a democratic vote and everyone that wanted to vote had the chance. If folk didn't vote (much like the many that don't vote in a general election chose to do) then they have no right to say anything about the final results.

Brexiteers won and Remainers lost. That's democracy for you. Wouldn't happen in Russia or North Korea.
I contacted an old friend of mine in North Korea, I asked how's life over there, he replied "can't complain"
Old 05-01-19, 11:00 AM   #73
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Facebook has its uses, Fostering informed debate isnt one of them.
I hope he's not accusing his fellow citizens whom are very prolific on the fb Classic audi site
yet not here and accusing them of talking rubbish? They won't be happy with him.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 06:21 PM   #74
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Haw haw! Inhabitants of Classic Audi and CA FB sites are exempt from my previous statement for which I truly apologize and will never be so naughty to mention ever ever again with a cherry on top.

You misread me i'm referring to Sandro.
Old 05-01-19, 08:27 PM   #75
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I like the concept of the EU, but despise the reality. Rather like communism; it doesn’t translate so well from a mind exercise utopia into something that is managed by people. Largely because it requires politicians to implement our will on our behalf. Sadly, most politicians begin to lose their way once elected. The causes they held dear are supplanted with self preservation.
Corruption, in other words.

So. Politicians.
Grasping at ideas, paranoias, and prejudices. Adopting and adapting them, and thereby making themselves as important as the causes they’ve taken up.
In respect of brexit, a very large part of me feels that it was a big game of chicken, played out by people who need to keep themselves involved in the public eye, but never with the expectation of actually getting the vote.
As a result (and again, this is just my personal perception), the whole situation is in tatters because there was no real plan for after, except that things would have gone on largely as before, but those same politicians would have been feeding on the no doubt copious feelings of dissillusionment in Europe, and thus remaining in the public eye, fighting the good fight on our behalf.

They really didn’t think it through, much.

Ideally, a referendum to garner public opinion without committing to a specific next course might have been a good idea. But then, you’d have to have an actual vote later, as all of this brexit debate may have been instead about whether we should have vote to leave... and the hamster wheel spins on.

The politicos in Europe should see this as a wake up call. The Uk first, who next? Why?
The vote isn’t/wasn’t carried with an overwhelming majority, which should send alarm bells through all parliaments/assemblies. The country is almost evenly divided. That’s not a good thing at all.

On a personal level, 50% of me thinks the UK should be out of it. But the other 50% is Irish...
Professionally, I resent the mess that we are in. My working life is increasingly awkward, and it seems that the EU are in large part to blame.
But also, professionally, leaving the EU is going to present some major challenges that may make the hard border debate seem relatively simple.
...and the company I work for is very much a European British company. Our sister company is Swedish. Our biggest customer base are European.

The leavers (including me) need to take care of what we wish for, because the next step is still dependent upon the same types of people who fostered the mess in the first place.

Last edited by Hanuman; 05-01-19 at 08:32 PM.
Hanuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 09:27 PM   #76
SorenR
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
People, You really believe in things written on Facebook? omg
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram = "1984"

EU have outlived it's role - there will NEVER be a United States of Europe including Denmark!

Sweden may become a muslim kalifate and Germany may become part of USE... Denmark will remain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogier_the_Dane
SorenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 10:42 PM   #77
Sandro
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post

You misread me i'm referring to Sandro.
hope not
Sandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 12:36 PM   #78
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
hope not
Just light hearted debate on your fb statement no need for you to worry at least your here!
Old 06-01-19, 01:27 PM   #79
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Facebook has its uses, Fostering informed debate isnt one of them.
Fb certainly doesn't foster informed debate amoungst friends out in the open at least, people are way to scared to post their flag to the mast! You know the types, the silent lurkers whom might agree with you but will never say so for fear their stance on the subject is now out there. Afraid that their friends won't agree or think they're weird for being bothered about current affairs god forbid.

You'll have one or 2 friends who wholeheartedly agree with you with all the stuff you put up to do with Brexit. My posting is in response to the brainwashing stuff that has been paid for by whom,.......Government?, to promote the remain agenda that started being posted over the last few months. Could it be Phill Hammond or his secret remain donors?

He recently called Brexitiers "Extremists" in parliament. Whatever next? Thats it,........ roll out the last trick in the book,.........call us all terrorists the term they use when they want to destroy an opposition in order to forward their own agenda. It's just as well there are so many people in this country that see through all the phillibuster and bull shit those on high would like to burden us with.

Up the revolution.

Ps one other thing.

In all seriousness............

It's been mentioned just a few posts ago by Steve about London being all conquering and spreading it's evil across the country. Not so, Edinbrough has the same problem and so does Manchester to a large extent and as it follows will spread ever further out. Both these cities are similar to London in that they are becoming and in the case of Edinbrough just for the rich to live in.
Old 22-01-19, 12:36 PM   #80
William Blyth
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Joined ?

I think you will find that the people of this country did NOT join the EEU. Parliament decided that we would join the Common Market, and the people had only a vote on remaining in the Common Market. As an eighteen year old I voted for the first time on this and really didn't see an option but to remain, as we had already stuck two fingers up to Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth with regards to trade. The Common Market became the EEU after unelected ministers, business leaders etc decided to rule Europe. What I'm really trying to say the people have had very little choice on who was to become their masters. Our politicians made this mess and when we leave we still have the problem of our own useless parliament. Perhaps we should have a vote to leave UK as well.
William Blyth is offline   Reply With Quote