Classic Audi » Technical » Car detailing & polishing » recomendations

Old 13-11-08, 01:25 PM   #1
Scarlet
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default recomendations

can someone recomend the best polish and wax to use?
i have been using autoglym super resin polish and the gloss finish, i want something to give it a really deep shine.

do i need to use clay before i polish or wax the car?

Quattro Nation
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 01:32 PM   #2
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

I'd always clay the car first if it's not been done before/recently. It will make the world of difference. Tip with claying is do small areas at a time, keep the clay and the surface well lubed ( a quick detailer spray is fine for this job) and go gently else you can/will incurring marring to the paint.
To be honest, unless you are going to be using a machine polish, Autoglym's Super resin Polish is very good for what it is. It is a little dusty and leaves some residue but it does contain fillers which will hide the swirl marks without removing them.
After you have polished the car, it is always a good idea to wax it so as to preserve the shine and add a depthness of shine to what you have achieved with your hard work earlier.
best waxes for value for money and longevity and performance are the Dodo Juice range which I do stock and the Collinite 476 and 915 waxes, which I don't stock but can be found for sale on ebay by several sellers.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 10:32 PM   #3
Micky
Mr Fifty Thousand!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
I'd always clay the car first if it's not been done before/recently. It will make the world of difference. Tip with claying is do small areas at a time, keep the clay and the surface well lubed ( a quick detailer spray is fine for this job) and go gently else you can/will incurring marring to the paint.
To be honest, unless you are going to be using a machine polish, Autoglym's Super resin Polish is very good for what it is. It is a little dusty and leaves some residue but it does contain fillers which will hide the swirl marks without removing them.
After you have polished the car, it is always a good idea to wax it so as to preserve the shine and add a depthness of shine to what you have achieved with your hard work earlier.
best waxes for value for money and longevity and performance are the Dodo Juice range which I do stock and the Collinite 476 and 915 waxes, which I don't stock but can be found for sale on ebay by several sellers.
never heard of dodo juice,i must try it how mutch is it . i use dimondbrite is it any good have you used it before?
Micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 10:37 PM   #4
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1 View Post
never heard of dodo juice,i must try it how mutch is it . i use dimondbrite is it any good have you used it before?

here ya go

http://www.dodojuice.com/?source=googleads_generic

Diamond Brite is overprices trade stuff.

Especially when you know how much they pay for it.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 10:44 PM   #5
Micky
Mr Fifty Thousand!
Classic Audi Club Member

yes must admit its £15 smackers from ford and its only a misrable amount as well
must admit thow it gives a good shine like glass .
Micky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-08, 10:51 PM   #6
amanda
quattro hussie!!
Classic Audi Club Member

Now I am a sceptic but i have got dodo juice here ...orange crush and lime prime and to be fair the redun looks fab with it ..............was hard work doing it though
RS6 ...my baby
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote