Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Engine conversions - Who does em?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-18, 02:01 PM   #1
Peacedub
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Engine conversions - Who does em?

Good afternoon to you all,

I must be the most indecisive person going! I have that many plans and projects I just don't know what I'm doing, so....

I have a 16v ACE coupe that is my baby, I've always wanted big things for it (its neither a he or she), I go round in circles deciding whether to 20vt it or throttle body it. Seeing as I have a B4 that has a 20vt already in it running aftermarket engine management and that buying ITB's from scratch is absolutely astronomical in price it would be the easiest option to 20vt it. Now because I literally don't have any time and that I know once I start it i'll never finish which is why I was put off the idea in the first place because the 16v ACE doesn't deserve to be treat like that. So does anybody know a decent company/man in a garage that can carry out this conversion? TSR are a no no cos I fell out with them many moons ago, plus they are not the cheapest, I might as well by an S2!

The conversion should be quite straight forward, the 20vt is currently plug and play but it is missing some features like water temp on the dash but I have the parts to resolve this. Basically someone who has the space and resource to carry out the conversion and is confident enough to understand the loom and ancillary connections to keep the dash OEM and every thing functioning. I have everything to do the swap and many spares too. Plus it will remove 2 cars from my house and I can bring more out of storage

I'm in the Derbyshire area, so local preferred but an issue if not.

Many thanks

Steve
Peacedub is offline   Reply With Quote