Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » happy xmas n a new project LOL

Old 25-12-18, 03:18 PM   #1
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

Default happy xmas n a new project LOL

happy christmas to all

and my latest project has arrived , landed friday night, not a lot to do , brakes need sorting, carb needs a rebuild, bit of water ingress to sort out, thats about it really so a few hrs and it will be done LOL images not loading so ill give you this https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4792/3...6605e62c_b.jpg 1956 simca aronde a90

Last edited by maurice.walsh; 25-12-18 at 03:24 PM.
maurice.walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-18, 04:07 PM   #2
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

What is it, as in spec?

Last edited by Ben; 25-12-18 at 04:09 PM.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-18, 05:25 PM   #3
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

simca's own engine , called the "flash" engine 1290cc alloy head, hardened valve seats, rear wheel drive , mid level exec 4door saloon, , my car is 1956, Elysee, 67000 genuine km from new, had a spray job and mild resto about 15yrs ago, and locked in a barn until a couple of months ago, my car is gray with a very slight light green tint, once i figure out why my pics wont load ill post my pics, i picked up the car from "laboncoin.fr" . i drove the car from birmingham to holyhead via m6/m56 and then from dublin to home (3hrs) quite happy cruising at 55/60mph and a lovely comfy car to drive

Last edited by maurice.walsh; 25-12-18 at 05:34 PM.
Old 25-12-18, 09:19 PM   #4
urquattr085
Classic Audi Club Member

Good to have you back Maurice.
Happy Christmas

2010 A3 1.4 tfsi Sport - Sold but still in the family
1984 80 Quattro - Sold many moons ago
1981 Coupe GT - Sold to buy above
urquattr085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-18, 09:45 PM   #5
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquattr085 View Post

Good to have you back Maurice.
Happy Christmas
ive been in a good few times for a look but i dont know where time has gone LOL came back from corfu and just seemed to loose time all over the place, grandkids, life, looking for a project etc etc.... wont be doing a blog on this one , really and truely nothing to do of any note,i would imagine it will get a magazine run as i couldnt see there being a whole heap of these things about here or the uk LOL, i will get a few pics up as soon as i can, i wonder if the highlighted in red "NOT SECURE" on the banner has anything to do with my pics not loading
Old 25-12-18, 10:16 PM   #6
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by maurice.walsh; 25-12-18 at 10:20 PM.
Old 25-12-18, 10:39 PM   #7
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

finally, pics of my car, ill get some better ones in a few days you might notice the extra aluminium trim om my car , in front of rear arch and behind the front arch also a hyper rare simca stamped exhaust tail peice and the first bit that gets lost/stolen ... the raised simca S filler cap

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by maurice.walsh; 25-12-18 at 11:36 PM.
Old 26-12-18, 08:06 PM   #8
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Good to see you back Maurice, hope you had a good crimbo and the new toy looks interesting too.

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-18, 08:35 PM   #9
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

wasnt exactly what i was looking for but when was the last time you saw an old old simca , let alone a time capsule (all be it, it was sprayed) 2 owner from new with 67000 KM genuine on the clock and a history of being locked away for long periods, at the price i got it for i just couldnt leave it in france, and the guy i got it from was coming to england anyway with a trailer so the deal was done and its now here in paddyland i go to a lot of shows/CnC's troughout the year and apart from the imp style simca 1100 ive not seen any other simca here that i know of, so im going to assume (right or wrongly, , i am open to correction) that its a rare little beastie, even the simca club uk only has a couple on the books (i had to contact them to be sure that the car would run on modern unleaded and asked how many were in the club ) i had met with the club in the nec in november and was searching for a matra murena or rancho or reno 4cv/hp (i know, I KNOW !!! im a very sad man) on laboncoin.fr when i knocked across this car, and it caught my eye, and that was that
Old 27-12-18, 07:46 PM   #10
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

did a little looking today and a complete carb rebuild is not required.. YAAAA ., just the diaphragm needs replacing, hopefully i can find 1 before the 6th jan as thats the first cars n coffee of the year , once i find one its a 10min job so easy fix, the elder lemons here will know what im talking about, but, should i put up a few pics of how to weld a new diaphragm into place for the children ????