Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 1990 Audi 100 Avant 2.3E For Sale

Old 20-02-10, 06:18 PM   #61
RetroAuto
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegee99 View Post
Annoyed though that some people have said they are interested but they never get back to me. Whats the point in that? Perhaps they are hoping to pick it up for tuppence. I'd rather scrap it than that. Its worth £150 in scrap and tax back alone. Bloody chancers
Deepest apologies, the past week has been hectic to say the least, I should have made time to log-in here and declare "I'm out"

after seeing the MOT mileages it confirmed my suspicions that the intermitent fault with the speedo (and therefore the milometer) has been around for more than just a month !

The wear on the driver's seat is indicative of considerably higher mileage, 40+years in the motor trade give you a nose for such things, and broad shoulders to bear comments like "Bloody chancers"

As I said before i have been running these cars since '88 and the fault with intermitent speedos/milometers is not uncommon, most owners 'forget' to mention it.

Today's scrap price in Telford is £100 per metric tonne =£126 for a large estate car.
RetroAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-10, 08:07 PM   #62
pimpdriver
Devon Pastie Muncher
Classic Audi Club Member

Bit of a scathing post there!

Some cars do do low mileages, especially these "old mens cars".

My 100 quattro had the same speedo problem, but as long as the speedo was working a bit (i.e. the needle was 'pulsing') it still recorded mileage, albeit more slowly than normally. When the speedo went altogether, the mileometer stopped. I was recording my mileage on a daily basis, as I need to for business purposes, and I was doing 96 miles a day and it was recording something like 80 miles.

The seats on the non quattro cars are velour, and don't wear much, my 100k+ auto (clocked, as the speedo had scratches on it), has a bit of wear, but the wear can be down to getting in and out a lot (if the car has done short journeys).

How can you tell the wear from those photos? As it is velour, the fabric tends to follow the way you have been sitting (like stroking cord jeans.....).

Just my thoughts. I would love the car, but have neither the money or the need.

Cheers

Steve
pimpdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-10, 10:57 PM   #63
deegee99
Grown up member

Take no notice of the bloke, I really think he fancies himself somewhat, this is what he sent to me as a PM, then I see he puts it up for all to see. This is the bloke who offers me a Micra then sells it on EBay for 1400 quid, only telling me he did so when another member PM'd him asking him what was going off. Then when the price was reduced he says he's interested again, asking for more information. I give it to him and then he doesn't bother saying anyhting for another week. Then makes a pathetic excuse about the seat being worn. If he had read the original ad I put in on the first page he would have read that it belonged to a disabled gentleman before me. He could hardly walk because his legs were so bad, that would explain why the seat has a mark on the seat side where he slid in and out of the car. Nothing to do with what he says or implies is me falsifying the mileage. When I said that the speedo had stopped working I meant then not years ago. Why the heck should I lie when I have gone to the trouble of listing every fault with the car. You just can't win with some people Anyway not too worry the car has been sold to someone who really wants it and will look after it, so alls well that ends well. As for you RetroAuto, you have my deepest sympathies. By the way don't bother PMing me with another attack because I shall just delete it as soon as I know its you sending it
deegee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-10, 11:00 PM   #64
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
car has been sold to someone who really wants it and will look after it,
good to hear...
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-10, 05:16 AM   #65
pimpdriver
Devon Pastie Muncher
Classic Audi Club Member

Are they Internet literate? If so get them on here ifthey need any help with mechanicals or parts.......
pimpdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-10, 01:13 PM   #66
deegee99
Grown up member

I will of course send them to this site, the help I have been given has been great, thanks very much.
deegee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-20, 05:42 PM   #67
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

10 years ago it was..................................
Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-20, 04:43 PM   #68
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Spamster!!
Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote