Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » 88' 100/ 200 Breaker for Trim Bits?

Old 28-07-18, 08:19 AM   #1
Chillmax
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 88' 100/ 200 Breaker for Trim Bits?

Hi All

I'm presuming rear door trims will be slightly different from the saloon to the avant, so mines a 200 avant.

Plastic sll/ step over trim missing, O/S...

Here it is at the front - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3cVvbWXnya9VuMS_0nhnKLFdJt

Here it isn't at the back - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3cVvbWXnya9VpAnEA0RrQGqMMU

Much appreciated if you have it.

Cheers - Justin
Chillmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 12:07 PM   #2
ian20v
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Did you get this car finished?
VW caddy van 1.9tdi 2010
ian20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 12:48 PM   #3
Chillmax
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

HI Ian

Nice to hear from.

Short answer - not yet! Longer answer follows....

I hate to be a Debbie-Downer, but this turned out to be a mistake, as often good intentions do. The guy who agreed to do it, did get her up & running again, but it took much longer than expected, some things were a little above his 'pay grade' & the job he said he was best at, the paint, he somehow did wrong & needs to be done again - anyway, he's long gone & it's with an old skool garage now getting finished.

The first guy did get it going to the point where we drove it to get an MOT, but she was misfiring badly on the way & when we were there the MOT boys (who I know well) knew she wouldn't pass as she was trying to gas us all, not firing on all cylinders. So I let the other guy go at the point & took her to the professional garage. They've now rebuilt the engine & that pretty much should be done by now.

I've since moved to Ireland, so I'm not there to jog them along & phone calls don't seem to help, so I just have to hope they'll do the paint & a few other jobs soon, I might call them now actually, it being Friday ;-)

The reason it was definitely a mistake is that what I've spent thus far could've bought the best available, the one that was the subject of the 200 Restoration book, sold last Autumn for around 18k, so this has been an expensive lesson, Boredom + Money + Naive Enthusiasm = An Expensive Mistake!!

To add insult to injury, the gearbox on my just fully restored CX Safari started to slip & generally be weird, so that's waiting to be done as well. Then before I came here I sold my Skyline Estate (mistake) as I only wanted to drive classics moving forward, then 3 weeks before I left I saw an XM 24v and stupidly bought it, even though the tax here is E1500 & she's had lots of problems. To cap it all I bought a BX as a little runabout for my Mum here, nice on the bad country roads, restoring that here too, now she doesn't want it - Can somebody just shoot me PLEASE

Bet you wish hadn't asked now!!!!

Thanks for listening (if you did).

I will hopefully send some pics here, if she ever gets here in one piece.

Cheers - Justin

Last edited by Chillmax; 25-01-19 at 01:47 PM.
Chillmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 05:08 PM   #4
theschmallfella
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Justin, I have these pieces and as I'm doing a clear out at the moment I'll be digging them out along with other bits. Is it just the rear one you need? mine came from a saloon, I'm almost positive these are the same size for both the saloon and the avant, but to be sure do you want to take a measure of it and let me know, I'll measure the ones I have. Where are you based? I see you said you've moved to Ireland, I'll be in Tipperary in the first week in March, and then Dublin the following week so I can bring it with me.
theschmallfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 06:57 PM   #5
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillmax View Post
…... the gearbox on my just fully restored CX Safari started to slip & generally be weird, so that's waiting to be done as well.
Just been back to your CX pictures

I think the XM was "European Car Of The Year" when introduced ? yes/no?......good luck with the wiring on it, I think the insulation is green on all wires if I remember right?

Any pics of the BX?

John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-19, 07:04 PM   #6
ian20v
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillmax View Post
HI Ian

Nice to hear from.

Short answer - not yet! Longer answer follows....

I hate to be a Debbie-Downer, but this turned out to be a mistake, as often good intentions do. The guy who agreed to do it, did get her up & running again, but it took much longer than expected, some things were a little above his 'pay grade' & the job he said he was best at, the paint, he somehow did wrong & needs to be done again - anyway, he's long gone & it's with an old skool garage now getting finished.

The first guy did get it going to the point where we drove it to get an MOT, but she was misfiring badly on the way & when we were there the MOT boys (who I know well) knew she wouldn't pass as she was trying to gas us all, not firing on all cylinders. So I let the other guy go at the point & took her to the professional garage. They've now rebuilt the engine & that pretty much should be done by now.

I've since moved to Ireland, so I'm not there to jog them along & phone calls don't seem to help, so I just have to hope they'll do the paint & a few other jobs soon, I might call them now actually, it being Friday ;-)

The reason it was definitely a mistake is that what I've spent thus far could've bought the best available, the one that was the subject of the 200 Restoration book, sold last Autumn for around 18k, so this has been an expensive lesson, Boredom + Money + Naive Enthusiasm = An Expensive Mistake!!

To add insult to injury, the gearbox on my just fully restored CX Safari started to slip & generally be weird, so that's waiting to be done as well. Then before I came here I sold my Skyline Estate (mistake) as I only wanted to drive classics moving forward, then 3 weeks before I left I saw an XM 24v and stupidly bought it, even though the tax here is E1500 & she's had lots of problems. To cap it all I bought a BX as a little runabout for my Mum here, nice on the bad country roads, restoring that here too, now she doesn't want it - Can somebody just shoot me PLEASE

Bet you wish hadn't asked now!!!!

Thanks for listening (if you did).

I will hopefully send some pics here, if she ever gets here in one piece.

Cheers - Justin
Oh Jeez! Yes, i got the t-shirt and the enthusiasm, i still have 2x200q All the best, you'll get to enjoy your 200q after all the effort you been putting in ,some cars take time and painting is an art.
VW caddy van 1.9tdi 2010
ian20v is offline   Reply With Quote