Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » K-reg 80TDI Avant 271K miles 1.9 Diesel MOT 29-09-15

Old 28-08-15, 07:59 PM   #1
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Arrow K-reg 80TDI Avant 271K miles 1.9 Diesel MOT 29-09-15
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : 80
Price : £250
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd

Pictures will follow.
I cant' sell it untill Friday the 25th of September as I need it daily. MOT is due the 29th of September.

For a mere £250 pounds not sure how much description is really needed?

However, much loved by me, bought in in August 2008 but I regret to say I have NOT been looking well after it is since I started studying two years ago.

The good things will be the shortest list, but here comes.

It's lost the same amount of oil each year since I've had it, four liters the year that I accumulated 33.000 miles.
Since I've bought it I have always been able to do 700miles on a full tank, 64 liters, so about 50mpg, just as the seller promised me!
The Bosch battery is from July 2013.
I pay £328 yearly insurance for it.
Both the electric wing mirrors work.
I've had the cambelt been changed twice, the gearbox has been changed when it was leaking.

I'll come back and fill a lot more in soon, just gauging if there's any interest on here.

The bad-points list extensive.
Two worst things, in my opinion,
1. It's been leaking water from an unknown place since a garage in Wales changed the radiator in 2009 (paid £385 pounds and it took them 13 days!), I have got used to filling it up regularly, a full expansion tank lasts me about 600-800 miles. 3 other garages couldn't figure out what the first garage had 'fixed'.
2. After I got the car vandalized when we lived in Runcorn I got a new tailgate bootlid window fitted and as I only paid £50 pounds (thanks JLMAudi for the new window though!) it looks like that, really bad job, regret that I used them. Heated window working though.

Other not so good points.

After some 'kids' pulled the rear wiper and took two of the Audi plastic centre caps and the arial the wiper does only half, the new centre caps have no Audi symbol and the FM radio is badly synced.
I'm driving with a broken N/S wishbone at the moment, my mate who does my car ordered a new pair from Germany 2 months ago, so finger crossed.
When I removed the mobilizer the rear speakers stopped working, the front ones do work. The cassette player has never worked.
I have not checked the tyres but can only image they need changing.
The 4 Speedline alloys need refurbishing, new powdercoating I think.
The fuel gauge has been temperamental the last 6 months.
The electric soonroof seems to work only when I've washed the car or given the sealing a bit of silicone spray.
Last time someone drove in to the back they made a small hole in the bumper. But the bodywork I did when I reversed in to a house looks worse.
Few visible rust bubbling up (will upload pics) but front, O/S is the worst affected part.
At the last service and MOT they left me with the steering wheel not centred, when I finally took it in to get is sorted it had seized/ or stuck. I'm told it can be fixed though.

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...p?albumid=1134

Last edited by Tanni; 29-08-15 at 08:08 AM.
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-15, 06:16 PM   #2
Anthony30
Newbie!

Any recent pics?
Anthony30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-15, 09:19 PM   #3
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony30 View Post
Any recent pics?
Oh, true that! Will take some and post them up tomorrow afternoon.
Old 20-09-15, 05:56 PM   #4
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Any recent pics?

[IMG]http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=1134&pictureid=8570

Old 20-09-15, 05:58 PM   #5
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

The rest are in this album,
http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...p?albumid=1134
Old 20-09-15, 05:58 PM   #6
Anthony30
Newbie!

Any rust issues, apart from the O/S/F wing?
Anthony30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-15, 06:10 PM   #7
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Any rust issues, apart from the O/S/F wing?
If you can spot it a little bit at the bottom of the passenger door,

And if you can spot the white filler I have left as one of my unfinished jobs on the front, passenger door, I did that a couple of years ago and the rust hasn't gone worse

There are some small, black spot under the paint above the windscreen but it hasn't broken through as rust yet,

And then a little bit over the handle to the boot lid where the paint has chipped off due to tear and wear,

Old 22-09-15, 06:13 PM   #8
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thumbs up The Close-ups.

Other than the front wheel arch there are these smaller, rusty parts.

Old 25-09-15, 10:36 PM   #9
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Bye Sophie!

The old, Laser Red, Welsh girl will be going here for a good casue now
Quote:
Scrap Car Network will give you a great price for your old car – what’s more, the proceeds help to sustain the Recycling Lives social welfare charity, helping disadvantaged and homeless individuals to get back on their feet. As expert recyclers, our scrap car service is environmentally friendly, so we will make sure that your old car is dealt with ethically and responsibly. All you have to do is enter a few details in the form above and click scrap my car for a quick quote – when you press accept, we will get in touch to organise free collection at a time which suits you.
- And they will even pay me 131 for it!

I didn't think i would ride a car till its end, but must say I got excellent value for my 835 pounds paid for her back in 2008.
Old 26-09-15, 08:58 AM   #10
Mellis46
Aero Advocate
Classic Audi Club Member

The £131 will be paid to you by a local scrap yard who will pay recycling lives ~£20 for the referral from their website, after admin costs etc i assume about £10 will go to the charity...

Nice looking Passat though in a colour you don't really see on that car, just be cautious over the electronic parking brake, my dads '05 plate one went back to VW twice for rolling away when parked up, once nearly causing an accident. He walked out of the dry cleaners to find it gone and discovered it had actually passed a junction further up the road!! He had to leave it in gear after that as it was never successfully resolved...
Mellis46 is offline   Reply With Quote