Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars Wanted » 100 Avant QT

Old 29-09-17, 08:53 PM   #1
240T
Newbie!

Default 100 Avant QT

Hi,

Just sticking this up. I'm a life long Volvo fan and owner, but have always had a soft spot for 100 Avants. Would anyone have one for sale that they'd swap for a Volvo 240 Turbo estate? Slightly modified, rebuilt engine, full spec on demand. Probably putting out 260/270. Colour is Fjord ord Blue, '93 car.

Regards,

Tim
240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-17, 11:42 AM   #2
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Good luck with the hunt, I've always had a soft spot for the 240 series Volvos... are you planning to 'play with the Audi? I could see it being a great alternative to your current wheels.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-17, 05:24 PM   #3
240T
Newbie!

Yes, I'll probably have a play with the Audi. The early Volvo Turbo's used the K-jet CIS metering, same as the Audi, but ditched it in favour of Bosch LH-Jetronic. Both my ECU's are chipped, but still needs a dyno session and live mapping to sort out fully to how I want it.

My car has the later B230FT engine, thicker con rods, piston oil squirters and better pistons than the earlier cars. The standard turbo was thrown in the bin ages ago, now sports an early RS500 TB0384 that's been modified by Turbo Performance Ltd to accept a 360 bearing.

Of course, list goes on... I have a stronger gearbox too that I need to fit, but that can go with the swap if necessary.

Ideally, I'd want a clean Avant QT with the history as a swap. I eyed one up for £3.5k on Ebay, but my car was too modified unfortunately.
240T is offline   Reply With Quote