Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Car Storage issues

Old 23-11-15, 08:38 AM   #1
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Car Storage issues

Hi Peeps, I have a storage problem in that we have a single garage and 3 cars, one is the wife's A3, my Cabriolet and the TT track car lives in the garage.

Its getting to the point where I want another car, probably an S8 or an A8 4.2TDI, I think I am getting old because I want a bit of pure luxury comfort, but space is an issue.

I am faced with the following choices:

- sell the cab and buy the 8
- rent a garage from the council and stash the cab
- find a lockup or something I can use to move the cab and the TT out into

What do you guys do with all your cars? I know collecting cars is a nice problem to have, but I really don't want to sell the cab, I love it, but 4 into 3 and retaining a marriage won't work!
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-15, 10:34 AM   #2
leggy

Have a similar problem:

Looking to get something newer for commuting, but I am limited to one outdoor parking space, meaning that I need somewhere to store my 80.
Need something in my immediate local area so that I can work on my boy as well as keeping a close eye him, unfortunately all privately rented garages are taken and the housing association & council criteria's pose a problem in so far as being offered something quickly. All friends/neighbours garages are currently in use, have been for the past year, will probably remain so for the foreseeable.

Moving is not an option atm, selling my 80 is definitely not an option, I'm out of idea's....anyone?
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-15, 10:43 AM   #3
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Well, I am only down the road from you, so hopefully we can both find a solution, just depends on budgets!
Old 23-11-15, 10:49 AM   #4
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I've stored my 2 projects in dry storage for the next 6 months, along with space to rotate the ur and silver V8 at will, as I've become a bit busy. Again. It was nice when I was able to store and work on everything at home, but being bounced around by this industry means home has become something of an abstract term.
It's not ideal as I can't simply go and work on the projects at will. Tinkering with the ur/v8/100 is easier.

Still thinking of dumping the lot and getting a boat in South East Asia...
Old 23-11-15, 11:11 AM   #5
leggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
Still thinking of dumping the lot and getting a boat in South East Asia...
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-15, 10:41 PM   #6
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Any other suggestions peeps?

I went to a local farm today to see if any space was rentable but nothing, even looking online at right move for industrial space doesn't yield much in the way of affordable units.

:-(
Old 24-11-15, 11:14 PM   #7
marcusR
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Might be worth looking for garages to rent on gumtree or similar?
marcusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-15, 10:20 AM   #8
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

I rent two from the Council, they are very close to where I live, in a small cul de sac opposite my home -- so I often see everything that is going on !! Everybody around here knows we have three cars between the two of us and think we're mad anyway !

Extra double padlocks help deter the low life and to be honest it's not too much of a problem in this immediate area.
( Having said that the one time was about 8 years ago - the 80 was away having some work done so they could see/access the five 7x15 108 pcd Ronals and the four 6x15 100pcd Ronals once they had levered the door open, and they took the lot ).

I pay about £46 month for each garage...... it does add up !
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-15, 10:33 AM   #9
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I rent two from the Council, they are very close to where I live, in a small cul de sac opposite my home -- so I often see everything that is going on !! Everybody around here knows we have three cars between the two of us and think we're mad anyway !

Extra double padlocks help deter the low life and to be honest it's not too much of a problem in this immediate area.
( Having said that the one time was about 8 years ago - the 80 was away having some work done so they could see/access the five 7x15 108 pcd Ronals and the four 6x15 100pcd Ronals once they had levered the door open, and they took the lot ).

I pay about £46 month for each garage...... it does add up !
Wouldn't it be great to catch the thieving scum in the act and castrate them there and then!

It does add up and so does Sky or Cable Tv. Whats more important.No contest there then!
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote