Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Audi 90 20v quattro Sport + spares

Old 06-10-19, 09:21 AM   #1
Thompy
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi 90 20v quattro Sport + spares
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : Audi 90 20v quattro Sport
Price : £2500
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd
On Ebay : Ebay Link

2.3 20v

Panther Black

115,600 miles

MOT until 16th October 2019

It is with a heavy heart that I'm writing this ad, but it has become obvious that the restoration that I've been planning to do on this car just isn't going to happen any time soon, so I want someone else to have the opportunity to enjoy this great car and bring it back to the condition it deserves.

I've owned the car since 2007 and it was my daily driver until 2012. It was off the road for a couple of years while I had 2 kids and moved from Scotland back home to Northern Ireland. I got it MOT'd again in July 2015 with a view to doing a full restoration, but with a house and 2 kids there has always been more pressing things to spend money on, so each year since then it's got what it needs to get another MOT and I've said to myself "this year...".

The car is in good shape body wise apart from the front wings and a couple of rust patches on the sills. Underbody is solid also.

The interior is in great condition with no rips on the seats, just the driver's seat bolster requiring the padding renewed.

The engine is a peach and I have installed a k+n panel filter and a Jetex stainless steel back box.

The car will need some work for MOT this year - one front spring has broken and one front shock absorber is leaking, and there will likely be suspension bushes (some looking quite perished). There is also a small bit of welding needed to the leading edge of the driver's sill (see pictures)

I have the following spares which will come with the car.

2 rust free front wings

Bonnet

2 front door shells

All 4 electric window assemblies

Set of 6x15 refurbished ronal aeros

Set of 7.5x16 RH toplines (damage to inner rim of 1 from pothole, but is repairable)

Set of bottom door rubbers for B5 A4 which will fit with some minor trimming

Various other bits shown in pictures.

I will be truly sad to see this car go, but I cannot afford it the time and money it needs at the minute and if I continue just MOTing and driving it each year it will get to the point where it will not be worth saving.

Please be aware that the car is located in NORTHERN IRELAND

I'm sure I've missed something, but if you have any questions please comment.

Thanks for reading
Thompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 09:54 AM   #2
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

The RH wheels, are they the type that look like the Ronals ?

GLWS
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 07:31 PM   #3
Joe2.0E
Newbie!

It might be worth putting it on www.donedeal.ie for a few quid, might get a buyer from down south.
Do you have any further info or a link to using A4 door trims on an Audi 80/90.
The originals on the front doors of my B3 90 are pretty shabby.
Best of luck with sale.
Joe2.0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:10 PM   #4
Thompy
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Car now sold.
Joe, just took a punt on a set from eBay after seeing that the mounting brackets screwed to the doors looked the same. When they arrived I slid one front door and one back door trim on - they both went on, however, as said in the and some trimming would be needed as they were slightly longer than the doors.
Profile was different, but given that you can't get replacement b3 trims I thought it was worth a try. The new owner is local to me, so will see how it turns out.
These were the ones I bought: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F171451985003
Thompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 06:23 AM   #5
Joe2.0E
Newbie!

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like it’s worth a go.
Is the Ebay sourced set of trims of decent quality or would a used set from a scrapyard be a better bet ?
Old 26-08-20, 06:33 PM   #6
Quendale90
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2.0E View Post
Thanks for all the information. Sounds like it’s worth a go.
Is the Ebay sourced set of trims of decent quality or would a used set from a scrapyard be a better bet ?

Hi Joe did you try this to end up with? If they’re any good I’ll give it a go too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quendale90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 09:19 PM   #7
Joe2.0E
Newbie!

I had decided to go the route of 2nd hand A4 trims if I could pick up a set in a scrapyard but I haven’t got to it yet. Lockdown is my lame excuse for not getting them sorted.
I must get back on it as even those A4’s are getting scarce in scrapyards now. Please post any relevant info if you come up with a fix before me !