Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » Audi Driver International 2007

Old 25-09-07, 06:45 PM   #31
amanda
quattro hussie!!
Classic Audi Club Member

you wouldn't would you
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 09:32 PM   #32
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Looks like just the 80 at the moment. The hundred looks to have a hole in the piston which is just what the Dr. ordered.

Hopefully, it' not too much of a big job and whislt the engine is out, I'm gonna give her a big spruce up anyway.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 12:21 PM   #33
dr_splian
Grown up member

The Concours has been tentatively decided upon - there will be two classes as previous years - but they are going to be slightly different. Instead of 'Standard' and 'modified' they will now be organised by 'time period' if you like. Classic and modern - call it what you will!

They will be 'Pre-88' and 'Post 88' - the problem has always been a standard, immaculate, original early-80s Coupe up against a showroom fresh S4 - it has always been taken into account whilst judging, but its not ideal. Maybe this way we can cover it better? Who knows. Its a learning game! Until its as big as, say, GTI International we can only do it in small jumps...

Anyway, just thought I would mention it!

We could still do with a few more cars - its a little early to be desperate yet, but it would be nice to have a full field - talking of which, we DO have a wet-weather plan this year

Cheers. Ian
dr_splian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 07:57 PM   #34
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Looks like I could be in the 100!

Did a compression test today and 1,2 and 3 were just over 12 bar and no.4 was just over 11 so all good there. Noticed some petrol in the spark plugs so took them all out only to notice that there were 2 different sortd of spark plugs used. Have replaced with a new set and wound down the mixture screw on the Solex carb a she was runnign rather rich and it seems to have cured the majority of the problem.
If i get chance, i'm going to drop the oil and replace the air filter and oil filter as well just to give her a bit of a once over so she should be good to rock and roll!

If I can persuade the missus to drive the 80 down there then we could be having a little crooze down the M5!
Old 03-10-07, 10:10 PM   #35
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

btw, I've tried using the on-line booking form to put 2 cars into the show 'n' shine.

What time do we need to be there to get them in?
Old 04-10-07, 09:01 AM   #36
dr_splian
Grown up member

Thats great news Coxy! looking forward to seeing them!

Its best to get there between 8 and 9 really if you can. If its nice weather we are going to be on the grass where it usually is, but if not it will be where the track assembly lane usually is which will go down well!

A bit of an oversight was the fact that we have not been able to update the website to include the new classes. But we can sort that out on the day!

Pre-88 all the way!!!

In other news - a mate of Editor Neil's sent this pic to him t'other day - Neil asked his mate to encourage the owners to come - fingers crossed...

Old 04-10-07, 09:02 AM   #37
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_splian View Post
Thats great news Coxy! looking forward to seeing them!

Its best to get there between 8 and 9 really if you can. If its nice weather we are going to be on the grass where it usually is, but if not it will be where the track assembly lane usually is which will go down well!

A bit of an oversight was the fact that we have not been able to update the website to include the new classes. But we can sort that out on the day!

Pre-88 all the way!!!

In other news - a mate of Editor Neil's sent this pic to him t'other day - Neil asked his mate to encourage the owners to come - fingers crossed...

holy batmobiles, that is stunning, may have to withdraw my entry to the concours now!
Old 04-10-07, 09:04 AM   #38
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Alst question (for now anyway)

what's the score with dogs? Are they allowed or not do you know?
Old 04-10-07, 09:19 AM   #39
dr_splian
Grown up member

Wink

I just checked with Sally and CC don't allow dogs apparently. Hope this does not spoil your plans...

We shall see if that car comes along. It would be nice to have 2 - and yes, its a beauty! Love the two-tone!

I wish I had more time to get cars along for the concours. I think there will be a few more different faces bringing their cars along this year - which is nice - but there is always room for more retro cars IMHO!
Old 04-10-07, 09:53 AM   #40
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_splian View Post
I just checked with Sally and CC don't allow dogs apparently. Hope this does not spoil your plans...

We shall see if that car comes along. It would be nice to have 2 - and yes, its a beauty! Love the two-tone!

I wish I had more time to get cars along for the concours. I think there will be a few more different faces bringing their cars along this year - which is nice - but there is always room for more retro cars IMHO!
didn't think they would as there is racing going on.