Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Can anybody help

Old 21-10-15, 08:53 PM   #31
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

OK, last reply from me on the Saga saga....I used 7 years of NCB from Swinton when I got the £116 quote from Saga.

Its a pain in the ar+e to do it but I always run a Go Compare and the other set up ( quote me happy.com) too every time my insurances come up for renewal including the Classic cars insurance .

I also always ask for a letter proving my NCB if its applicable for use in the future.

I guess with that fancy body-kit on the car it's hard to hide, but as for parking on the street at night, I'd certainly not mention that if its only a once a month type of occurrence...we all park on the street at night at some time or other so.....

Your halo is just too shiny Bruce !!!
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-15, 09:08 PM   #32
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
OK, last reply from me on the Saga saga....I used 7 years of NCB from Swinton when I got the £116 quote from Saga.

Its a pain in the ar+e to do it but I always run a Go Compare and the other set up ( quote me happy.com) too every time my insurances come up for renewal including the Classic cars insurance .

I also always ask for a letter proving my NCB if its applicable for use in the future.

I guess with that fancy body-kit on the car it's hard to hide, but as for parking on the street at night, I'd certainly not mention that if its only a once a month type of occurrence...we all park on the street at night at some time or other so.....

Your halo is just too shiny Bruce !!!

I was glad of the info you gave Frank because it didn't work out for me doesn't mean everybody will be in the same boat, as you say the body kit can't be hidden and that was the stumbling block with Saga, these things happen but at least i am sorted so thanks for the help mate

Saga saga i like that !
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-15, 09:22 PM   #33
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
You may have had 7 years NCB from your previous insurer Frank but now your with Saga you've only got 6 and will have for as long as you remain with them Your next insurer won't be interested in what you had, only what you have!!
1973 (M) 80L 1.3 2-dr white
1979 (T) 80SE 1.6 met.bue
1983 (Y) 80CL 1.6 met.blue
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-15, 07:29 AM   #34
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Sure, but from what I've experienced , a year here or there doesn't seem to make much difference at my age....BUT having just had to renew my driving licence...valid only for 5 years now, I am probably going to start facing rising premiums just because of being an old git!! 50 years plus driving without accident stands for nothing......
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-15, 12:01 PM   #35
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Sure, but from what I've experienced , a year here or there doesn't seem to make much difference at my age....BUT having just had to renew my driving licence...valid only for 5 years now, I am probably going to start facing rising premiums just because of being an old git!! 50 years plus driving without accident stands for nothing......

Well at least your not a grumpy old git Frank
But i do think your driving record should be taken into account to keep your premiums down, how can they not see you are safer than a boy racer prat on mummy or daddies insurance policy knocks you sick really !

Last edited by sinbin5t; 22-10-15 at 12:07 PM.
Old 22-10-15, 02:20 PM   #36
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It seems that because prices for young people were too high, the insurance industry has decided to hike prices for older drivers to compensate. Pensioners are the hardest hit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...insurance.html
Old 22-10-15, 02:24 PM   #37
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
It seems that because prices for young people were too high, the insurance industry has decided to hike prices for older drivers to compensate. Pensioners are the hardest hit: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...insurance.html

That is horrendous i hate insurance companies

On a lighter note mine is insured now so if i can get it taxed it will be out this weekend
Old 22-10-15, 06:08 PM   #38
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post

On a lighter note mine is insured now so if i can get it taxed it will be out this weekend
Just in time for you to get stuck in the horrendous half term illuminations traffic
1973 (M) 80L 1.3 2-dr white
1979 (T) 80SE 1.6 met.bue
1983 (Y) 80CL 1.6 met.blue
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-15, 06:16 PM   #39
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp0349 View Post
Just in time for you to get stuck in the horrendous half term illuminations traffic

that can be missed in this part of Dark Puddle