Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Engine » 2.8 ACK 30V head bolts removal tool?

Old 22-03-18, 10:00 PM   #1
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 2.8 ACK 30V head bolts removal tool?

I need to remove these 2 babies ( both heads of the 46K C4 A6 Quattro) and can see i don't have the tool to remove the head studs. At first i thought they might be Torx but i'm not so sure, can anyone point me to the correct tool needed and possibly a link. I need this tool like yesterday. Cheers Mark.

vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 10:44 PM   #2
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Hope you get sorted quickly.

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 11:16 PM   #3
luapkram
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
I need to remove these 2 babies ( both heads of the 46K C4 A6 Quattro) and can see i don't have the tool to remove the head studs. At first i thought they might be Torx but i'm not so sure, can anyone point me to the correct tool needed and possibly a link. I need this tool like yesterday. Cheers Mark.

Is it for the head bolts Mark?
I think they are called "Polydrive".

These, I think are a M12 & M14. I also have one designated an M6. I think I must have got these when I worked in Audi in the 90's.
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
luapkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-18, 11:26 PM   #4
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luapkram View Post
Is it for the head bolts Mark?
I think they are called "Polydrive".

These, I think are a M12 & M14. I also have one designated an M6. I think I must have got these when I worked in Audi in the 90's.
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice one Mark, thanks for getting in touch mate. Yes it's for the head bolts. I had a look at google typing in ACK head bolt removal tool and up comes a few images. Like this one but they're all in America which is poly drive. Do you happen to know what size it would be i need for the ACK head bolts?

Where do i get one of these in the UK Mark? They also need to be of a decent length or they're unusable it seams in deep recessed heads.
Old 22-03-18, 11:32 PM   #5
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Just looking at your tools again and i reckon they'd be long enough with an extension piece but where to get ones like yours or the one in the pic i provided. Obviously size is important otherwise i'll end up buying one size wait for delivery only to find it's wrong and having to buy another size ending up with 2 tools.
Old 23-03-18, 12:05 AM   #6
luapkram
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I am not sure where I would have got these. They must fit bolts in A4 and A6 as that’s all I would have bought them for and they have not been used in ages.
How quick do you need them as I could send them to you? I can measure them in the morning but not sure what size your ones will be.
Old 23-03-18, 12:11 AM   #7
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
I am not sure where I would have got these. They must fit bolts in A4 and A6 as that’s all I would have bought them for and they have not been used in ages.
How quick do you need them as I could send them to you? I can measure them in the morning but not sure what size your ones will be.
That would be superb Mark, i need them like yesterday.

As for size i don't know but here's another link that paports to be the right tool but yet again in the states. Have a read and see if you recognise any of the text.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-G...53.m1438.l2649
Old 23-03-18, 07:26 AM   #8
Davids
4 ring whore!

Mark
Check out Laser tools, they list them ( can't copy stuff on a pad, not bright enough ) they also list local stockists just further down the page if you get stuck
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 08:39 AM   #9
luapkram
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

If these are the correct tool Mark, the ones I have measure 6mm , 12mm and 14 mm across the teeth. The overall length is 100mm and section from socket to end is approx 65mm

I am really not sure your bolt size. The tools online indicate M10 which I don’t have sadly
Old 23-03-18, 08:59 AM   #10
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
If these are the correct tool Mark, the ones I have measure 6mm , 12mm and 14 mm across the teeth. The overall length is 100mm and section from socket to end is approx 65mm

I am really not sure your bolt size. The tools online indicate M10 which I don’t have sadly
Mark thanks a million for going to the trouble much appreciated mate! What a bugger you've got everything there but the one i need which is M10 .

However there is a solution when i answer david. You've still been very helpful cheers Mark this forum has come up trumps!