Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Very Rare Alpina B9 E24 635 #334 for sale UK RHD model

Old 09-11-07, 08:34 PM   #1
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Very Rare Alpina B9 E24 635 #334 for sale UK RHD model

Up for sale I have a very rare right hand drive 1984 E24 Alpina B9 (based on the 635CSI) and converted by Sytners of Nottingham back in 1984. It is a matching numbers car and has been verified via the Alpina register. The car is numbered #334 (Alpina engine number 7211) and is one of 4 known RHD examples left in the UK.

#349,#353 and #858 are also known RHD models left in the UK. Many of the original RHD UK cars seemed to have found their way over to Japan over the last decade, and this is one of the few now left making this far rarer than the M635! The car came to me as a part exchange earlier this year and came from a private collection. This particular B9 was bought by a private collector via Bonhams Auctions back in 1996. Since then it has been in storage and taken out for a few short journeys and for it’s annual MOT!
When I took delivery of it, it needed a few things in order for it to be recommissioned into use.
Upon delivery, I took it for an MOT where it needed 1 new wiper blade!

The engine had a slight overheating problem which turned out to be the head gasket, so over the past few weeks, the engine has been stripped down, had the head skimmed, replace all the gaskets, put on new heat shields, replaced the water pump, a new thermostat, new thermostat valve, new viscous clutch for the fan and a couple of new hoses! Best to be sure!! Whilst it was apart, I also changed the spark plugs as well!
I have been driving her around the past few days and she drives like an absolute dream! The car is the 4 speed Auto and changes gear just as it should, nice and smoothly. It has the S option which for some means sports, but in the wet, it means “Slide!”. The kick down is superb and responsive and she will embarrass many a modern day car, and there are few that could keep up with her and even less that gain as many admiring glances!
The car is in overall, excellent condition. The paint is Henna Red, and still gleams, although it is getting thin in places over the years. The vehicle is 99% rust free, the only bits I have noticed are just a small amount of scabbing on the lower inner lips of the arches, and inside one of the rear arches, and that’s it. The B9 has a couple of minor parking dinks (I am being picky here). The B9 has the full black leather interior. There is very little wear showing and the leather has a nice dull sheen to it as it should. She has the correct Momo steering wheel and Alpina gauges. She is fitted with a brand new Alpina branded specially made carpet mat set, which are black with red lettering.
The original dash plaque is also present. The original accessory light is also still there in the glovebox as well.
As stated earlier, I have sorted out all the mechanical bits and she runs just as she should. The car does have a couple of electrical faults which would need sorting but my electrics are not my strong point and to be honest, I wouldn’t know where to look!
The on board computer next to the radio is non-op at the moment. When I fitted a stereo into the gap a couple of months ago, I did notice that the plug lead going into the back of the computer was out but couldn’t get my hand in to fit it back on. Please note, the B9 will be sold without the stereo.
The service lights on the dash also stay on. This has been checked by a BMW technician and he said that there is not a problem anywhere, just that the lights need resetting.
Also, the speedo and odometer have stopped working. It was working prior to it being parked up but not since. The current mileage on the odometer is reading 94010 but for obvious reasons, I will not guarantee this as being accurate, although given the overall condition of both the interior and exterior, I wouldn’t think it would be too far out.
There is no spare wheel with the vehicle. I have hunted high and low for the past 5 months for a spare 16” Alpina rim but to no avail!
The original front spoiler has been replaced with a smaller front splitter as the previous owner had issues with sleeping policeman!
The wing mirrors have minor scuffing as well.
This car was never fitted with the Alpina graphics and that has also been confirmed through Sytners via the Alpina register.
I do like to be as honest as possible especially given the rarity of this vehicle.
The car is fitted with a near new full stainless exhaust system and when the straight six fires into life, the sound is superb!
This car has MOT until May 23rd next year and is currently SORN’d. I can tax the vehicle for the winning bidder at cost upon completion of the auction.

Here is a full spec of the engine build from Alpina.

Alpina Engine Spec #7211

bore 92mm
stroke 86mm
cc 3430
comp 10:2
hp 245 @ 5700 rpm
tq 320 @ 4000
rear axle 3.46
0-100kph (0-62 mph) 6.7 sec
top speed 240kph (149mph)
cam 280 degree
hemi head with open combustion chamber
high dome pistons
oversize intake and exhaust valves
polished, lightened and balanced rods
balancing, matching of internal components

RHD B9’s seldom come up for sale and when they do, they command a good price. I have set a reserve based on my knowledge of the B9 and what I feel the current market value maybe given it’s condition, and allowing for the fact that it does need one or two minor jobs doing to it. If you are genuinely interested in this vehicle, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me via the ask seller a question and I will supply you with my phone number.
I would urge anyone who is interested in this vehicle to view before making a bid. The car is stored in my unit which is just off J12,M6 and I am there everyday and weekends by appointment so ample opportunity to view!
I am only selling as I’m trying to fund the purchase of a UR Quattro, Lancia Delta Integrale and a 3.0CS(L) so a couple of cars need to go.
If it does not meet the reserve, then I shall put her back into storage and just occasionally turn over the engine just to listen to the straight six roar into life and finish of the few little jobs that need doing over the winter months.
Please note, payment only by BACS/CHAPS transfer (funds must be cleared prior to the car being released) or cash. Nothing else so don’t ask!!

Please note, whilst I am in the motor trade, I am NOT a trader or dealer and therefore the car is sold as seen with no warranty expressed or implied. I have given a full and accurate description to the best of my knowledge and would advise anyone wishing to purchase to come and inspect the vehicle for themselves.

In summary, this Alpina is a very presentable and in overall excellent condition, she starts, drives and stops just as she should and given the rarity of the vehicle, would also prove to be a sound investment for the future.

I'm not asking the earth for it, although some people have thrown several figures to me as to what it maybe worth! Would consider something classic in part ex. If you are interested, then please drop me a pm!

More pics can been seen here.

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/pho.../3.5/coupe/334
I will upload a lot more pic of interior and engine tomorrow as well as more full shots.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 08:34 PM   #2
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Here's some pics taken today!

Old 09-11-07, 09:22 PM   #3
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Now on eViL bAy!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110191317713
Old 09-11-07, 10:43 PM   #4
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
I bet that's got the BMW forum's foaming at the mouth....
Old 09-11-07, 11:07 PM   #5
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isimmo View Post
I bet that's got the BMW forum's foaming at the mouth....
no comment!!!

I do frequent a couple from time to time, and they ain't the friendliest bunch!!