Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Vape things!

Old 15-05-17, 10:18 AM   #1
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Vape things!

Nothing to do with classic audis but a fourm which can discuss grafting three leg sized peenis onto one's body is exactly the kind of place I like to get advice.

These vape things... obvoiusly putting anything in your lungs is a bad idea but has anyone stopped tobacco/nicotne with one of these? I have been resisting the idea of one, have tried patched, gum, inhalator, you name it, just bought a KIK vape3 and... not sure... It's almost so unnnatural tasting that I reckon it might actually put me off smoking for life. Tastes like dry ice at a disco in the eighties, maybe it's the juice I got.

Obviously the idea is to stop smoking and they say the less nicotine in the fluid the better it will carry a flavour, so will give it a go. There seems to be a growing consensus that they're at least 90% safer than tobacco and folk like Public Health England are saying GPs should be pushing them as a stop smoking aid.

I'm not going to get one of the big fat ones/blinding cloud builder/'look at me I'm a vaper' ones, whatever they're called, will stick to the pen. Experiment commencing - any past experience/recommended fluids etc. welcome. As long as it doesn't make me wear skinny jeans and fake nerd glasses I may survive..
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 10:37 AM   #2
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Tend to Look daft, Smell like heavy scent in a steam room.

There was an FO here who would smoke/vape one, on the flight deck. With a big flourish and no small amount of drama, he'd drag it out; something along the lines of 'watch me, watch me. I'm vaping', and as something of a challenge to authority.
I'm sure as a sprog his parents were overjoyed during his potty training.
Seemed a bit of a prat.

Another fella was somewhat more coy about it, off around the back of the shed, almost as if he was embarrassed, which I'm sure afforded him much more credibility.
My mother has succumbed to the vape. She bought one, all the bits, and it's currently in a drawer somewhere, having been used twice, unsuccessfully.

I'd be interested if there was a strong ganjia version. I say interested, I mean hover close by and inhale some excess smoke.
Old 15-05-17, 10:41 AM   #3
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Best attempt at stopping for me was using the nicorette tabs, but I'm still smoking. Never tried a Vape thing.,

As for putting stuff in your lungs, is it only me that became addicted to hot Castrol R at motor racing circuits? Lol.... also remember my parents saying that the smell of hot tarmac being laid on a road was good for you.. :
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 10:46 AM   #4
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I sort of grew up on Castol-R.

I think we've stumbled on some flavours that haven't been adequately explored.
Marijuana and Castrol-R.
Old 15-05-17, 10:48 AM   #5
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
I sort of grew up on Castol-R.

I think we've stumbled on some flavours that haven't been adequately explored.
Marijuana and Castrol-R.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 01:15 PM   #6
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

I'll be the guy round the back of the shed, you feel pretty stupid using it, a pied piper look but also there is a deep down suspicion that in twenty years there will be queues a mile long at the GP's due to vape-lung-thrombosis or some damned thing. Eternal believer in the health benefits of cannabinoids, as a pain killer, relaxant etc. (it's just illegal because nobody can patent it), but fags, the folk that make them, the big houses and shit they buy with the profits of other's addiction, they can get to f***!

We could develop a car lovers range of flavours, burnt clutch crumble, cooked brakes pie, tyre rubber infusion, four star exhaust and de-cat icecream flavour.

Have been smoking it all day, don't feel any younger.
Old 15-05-17, 02:07 PM   #7
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Having been a smoker for exactly 19 years give or take a few weeks you could say i was like you lot well and truly hooked! Think i might get a divorce soon as the wife still hasn't given up,she's banned from even thinking of lighting up in the audis, and as a non smoker for exactly 6 years in 9 days time i really detest the smell of it now!! Here me out here if you want to give up.

Having oliver was the trigger for me,him being precious,and really wanting to give up. I'd wanted to for a good few years but never found the will power to even attempt it. So......When on one of those health visits as you do with your new born child,we got to discussing my smoking habit and since i felt i wouldn't be strong enough to achieve it on my own was advised there was some mind bending drug that did the hard work for you.

Thinking that's for me and after a consultation with the Doc,was prescribed the Hallelujah medicine. You start taking it, and at the start, you say to yourself i'm quiting in a weeks time or ten days etc. After 2 days or so of taking it , it suddenly dawns on you that your not getting anything from smoking at all, as you did, and as you continue to smoke through habit over the coming hours and days. By this time the craving has completely gone and you do give up on the day you say you will as there's absolutely no point carry on as your not getting anything from it and it starts to make you feel a bit ill when you smoke. The drug is Champix, i can honestly say hand on heart i've not had a single smoke since that day 6 years ago. You still occasionally through habit think you would like one after a meal, for a while after you've given up, but it's only a pre learnt habit and not a craving.

If your serious you'll get yourself down the Doctors and ask for this drug,it's expensive apparently,and they may not want to prescribe it straight away but persist. Once you do, enjoy your smoke free life and the extra cash you have in your pockets!

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 15-05-17 at 02:10 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 02:55 PM   #8
Audiden
Classic Audi Club Member

I stopped smoking years ago by reading Allen Carrs Easy way to Give Up Smoking book, then foolishly 7 years later, I started smoking again whilst abroad on holiday!!

I then spent a few years attempting to stop again without success, until I started vaping.
And that's been coming up a year now & I have no wish to want to smoke again.

I'm on the minimum nicotine level, my health is as such that I feel like a non-smoker again & whilst I find it's quite dear, when you add it all up the benefits are clear to see.
Old 15-05-17, 04:36 PM   #9
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

All the folks i know who smoke and went onto vaping still smoke, so i doubt theyre in any way useful in stopping due to the nicotine addiction still being fed and the constant reinforcement of the actual actions of the habit.

Best not to start in the first place id think, having said that my brother gave up just like that, almost as if hed switched the habit off and has never smoked once since, willpowers maybe the better way.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 06:08 PM   #10
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

The idea is to run them eventually with no nicotine in them I think Mr Meister! Then bin it by midsummer! On cherry now.. mmm, kind of like smoking a pipe, in a way.

Yep, VDT, have been prescribed champix in the past, never ate one of them after reading up on it I'm afraid, I don't like the mechanism by which it acts, the fact that it and so many others were developed as anti-psychotics or the fact that the instructions said 'stop using in the event of suicidal thoughts' . Probably still have it somewhere, I could go all out, champix, gum, vape and fags all at the same time.

Fekn hate smoking.. so costly in soo many ways.