Classic Audi Ľ Community Ľ General Chat » Brexit stuff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-18, 06:58 AM   #1
4v6
The engine meister!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: west midlands
Posts: 5,903
Default Brexit stuff.

The issue of Brexit has proven a few things, the main one being its divisivness amongst politicians and the population.
That notwithstanding, its also shown a rather alarming trend for the press/media to actively attempt to guide policy in the way they report on the affair.
Prominence by those who want a second referendum for example are constantly given airtime to try and sway the public into doing what the media and remainers want rather than accept the result that was legitimately voted on.
Thats also been the case on other issues as well, the media becoming a propaganda tool for utilisation by vested interests rather than just reporting in an unbiased manner on all things.

It seems to be a trait peculiarly of the remainer side of the debate who dont wish to accept any views other than their own, similar to that of extreme leftists and those who seek to get their own way at all costs.

Regarding the remainer arguments that have become ever more shrill over the months since, one argument stands out to me, that of the complaint that "We have the right to change our minds".
I say to that Yes we do!
We changed our minds after some 40 years of being hoodwinked and trampled on by a bogus political establishment that claim legitimacy and authority over all countries, yet the remain side simply want to make us change our minds without having had the chance to at least do our own thing for a similar period of time.
They are in effect saying that they dont believe in the principles of democracy, which is an odd stance to take since they freely participated in the referendum vote knowing full well they could lose, the fact is they didnt actually expect to lose which is why all the constant static since the vote, rather like a child who stamps their feet and pouts and shouts when theyre denied what they want.

It might be seen by some as a non issue, however I believe it has the potential for real danger because its a method to subvert democracy with the media on side and not reporting news but making it, suspending democracies rules to make their own, the danger being that when majority decisions are overturned by pressure groups and those of a less liberal nature (authoritarians seem to be largely on the left these days) the message becomes clear; "Democracy is dead".
That being the case what would be the point of ever voting again?
It leaves the populace under no illusions at all that whatever they say regarding the governance of their own countries it matters not and you have no power to change anything as some loud hysterical shouty types can get the result nulled by sheer volume of complaint ably assisted by the fake media machine.
What is left? Anarchy ( which some would love) and conflict.

There is a solution however, remainers can simply leave and go to live in the united states of europe where the roads are paved with gold, the grass is greener and everyones happy happy happy.

Watch out for that step on the way out mind.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:06 AM   #2
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockport
Posts: 2,012
Default

Where do you get your info from to form your opinions?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 10:41 AM   #3
4v6
The engine meister!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: west midlands
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Where do you get your info from to form your opinions?
Valid question, the answer being multiple and varied sources.
Blogs ,opinion pieces ,alternative news streams other than sky and bbc, political debates etc.
Common sense plays its part also......i hope.😄
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 12:38 PM   #4
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockport
Posts: 2,012
Default

Just asking because there's a right wing bias to your opinions. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that's your own original opinion, almost like you have been programmed to propagate this message out to the suburbs of social media. This is a one make car forum, but you felt the need to post up a rather one sided view of what is happening in the (fantasy) world of brexit.

Is there anything the remainers have said that you agree with?


Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 12:48 PM   #5
Duffy3074
Senior Member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Dalgety Bay, Fife
Posts: 1,470
Default

https://m.facebook.com/NFarageHero/p...QdoA&__tn__=-R

Who knows how it’ll end
Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 02:54 PM   #6
4v6
The engine meister!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: west midlands
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Just asking because there's a right wing bias to your opinions. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that's your own original opinion, almost like you have been programmed to propagate this message out to the suburbs of social media. This is a one make car forum, but you felt the need to post up a rather one sided view of what is happening in the (fantasy) world of brexit.

Is there anything the remainers have said that you agree with?


Hmm. Cant say i frequent any social media sites so it cant have come from there.😊
Right wing bias you say well yes i do hail from that side of the debate as its as legitimate a side to be on as any other its not really a great surprise that my thoughts on the whole affair may well be tinged from that perspective.
Original opinions.... Hmm well its original to me.

As for agreeing with anything the remainers (sounds like a 60's folk music band) have said, no not really there doesnt appear to be anything particularly agreeable with their proposals thus far as most all seem to be of the opinion that it wont work or leave voters are stupid/ racist/ ill informed etc.
I remain (no pun) sceptical of their arguments and moreso of their motives.
I am however willing to listen, why wont they?
Not sure what the forum marque following has to do with it all tho as i posted up in general chat not technical etc...😉
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 02:55 PM   #7
4v6
The engine meister!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: west midlands
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post
You naughty munkey you are. 😄
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 04:06 PM   #8
moonwatcher
Senior Member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
moonwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Barrow in Furness, Cumbria
Posts: 1,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Just asking because there's a right wing bias to your opinions. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that's your own original opinion, almost like you have been programmed to propagate this message out to the suburbs of social media. This is a one make car forum, but you felt the need to post up a rather one sided view of what is happening in the (fantasy) world of brexit.

Is there anything the remainers have said that you agree with?


I have to disagree, I can't detect a right wing bias, I see that the main theme coming from 4v6 is democracy, without that there can only be anarchy.
We had a referendum the question was do you want to remain in the EU or leave? Article 50 was triggered and as a result there was an Act of Parliament passed to enable us to leave
__________________
Coupe Quattro 1985
moonwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 04:41 PM   #9
4v6
The engine meister!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: west midlands
Posts: 5,903
Default

http://www.acasefortreason.co.uk/fco-30-1048/


The whole plan before we joined the EEC, laid out in gory detail stating how Britons are stupid xenephobes, how the "commission" would strip us of our powers and turn Britain into an outlier.
Kept secret for 50 years.

No wonder we wanted to leave.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 05:05 PM   #10
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockport
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Hmm. Cant say i frequent any social media sites so it cant have come from there.��
Right wing bias you say well yes i do hail from that side of the debate as its as legitimate a side to be on as any other its not really a great surprise that my thoughts on the whole affair may well be tinged from that perspective.
Original opinions.... Hmm well its original to me.

As for agreeing with anything the remainers (sounds like a 60's folk music band) have said, no not really there doesnt appear to be anything particularly agreeable with their proposals thus far as most all seem to be of the opinion that it wont work or leave voters are stupid/ racist/ ill informed etc.
I remain (no pun) sceptical of their arguments and moreso of their motives.
I am however willing to listen, why wont they?
Not sure what the forum marque following has to do with it all tho as i posted up in general chat not technical etc...��
Bah, come on, you know this niche forum is part of what's termed "social media". What you wrote is what I've seen other people post up elsewhere, I didn't see anything new or original in there, just the same right wing propaganda. Which is why I say you are being used as a messenger to spread the word.

If you stepped out of the fight and watched the battle from a distance, you would see that anything anyone says about brexit is pure speculation, or as we say around here, total bollocks. If this person is in a position of influence, then it's a chess move. If you relay this information, then you're a pawn in their game.

I can't see the link Duffy posted as you need to login. How can I see facebook content without an account?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
http://www.acasefortreason.co.uk/fco-30-1048/


The whole plan before we joined the EEC, laid out in gory detail stating how Britons are stupid xenephobes, how the "commission" would strip us of our powers and turn Britain into an outlier.
Kept secret for 50 years.

No wonder we wanted to leave.
Oh, so there is a history of lying to voters then. If they had only been told the truth instead of being manipulated through the media, we wouldn't have joined?. I suppose it's all honest and true info they are feeding us these days.



Last edited by Ben; 04-10-18 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot some smileys
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna