Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts For Sale » Audi B3/B4 (and others) variable wiper relays, heated door locks and rear spoiler.

Old 05-02-11, 07:32 PM   #1
wildoliver
Grown up member

Default Audi B3/B4 (and others) variable wiper relays, heated door locks and rear spoiler.

Right some special bits up for sale here folks, only for sale on here, not on ebay or any other forums. Mostly bits I have fallen upon over the years or acquired for my own cars and never used.

1) Variable wiper relays, GENUINE VAG I have another load of these, probably about half a dozen or so, these literally plug in most Audis (and other cars) but are sold as tested and working on B3/B4 models. Basically instead of one intermittent wiper speed which is by the law of sod either too fast or too slow, with these fitted you can alter the delay by a flick of the stalk from a second to a long time (not timed it but it's much longer than the standard delay). No mods to the car needed, plug and play. No extra stalks etc. Needed simply remove old relay and plug this one in. Delay is altered by switching intermittents on and off for the correct duration.

Same price as before £10 posted which is a bargain as these are now around £30 from Audi. All tested before dispatch.

2) I love this but it's in the way and needs to go, B4 model (apparently won't fit a B3 due to width but I've tried it up against my B3 with spoiler and it looks to me as if it will fit) spoiler. The same spoiler as fitted to 16v 80 Competition models but without the spoiler extensions which not all seem to have anyway, it's basically an aluminium bridge spoiler with no centre support. Looks fantastic fitted to the car. Comes with all mounts literally just needs 4 holes drilling and off you go. Currently panther black, but probably needs a spray anyway.

£30 posted.

3) So who's locks froze this winter? I know mine did, so I got some Audi heated lock sets, this is the loom, controller, door handle with switch and heated lock assembly. Appears to be 2 wires to tap in to the door loom (already there for central locking) I have a guide how to do it, then simply fit in place of the standard Audi lock and handle. Swap your tumblers or barrel across in to the lock and you can even use your original key. As these are impossible to test (but I have never heard of a failure) consider the set a starter kit, just one of the components would cost more than I'm selling the complete kit for, until we get a freezing spell again it's not really practical to test!! I must emphasise though I can't see any issues.

£25 posted per kit. I have 2 available at the mo.
wildoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 07:47 PM   #2
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

I had this spoiler on my B4 2.8 quattro.

Basically it looks as though it's too wide to fit but if you drill the holes carefully ....... and when you open the boot lid you can see half the 'foot' area of the spoiler upright.

The way it fitted ( two holes/bolts each side iirc) meant that although the spoiler overlapped the panel gap between the boot lid and rear wing area, it bolted and fitted right on the edge of the boot lid -- does that make sense??
Need somebody to measure the B3 and B4 boot lid widths.... I bet it does fit... but I'm not a betting man !
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 07:54 PM   #3
wildoliver
Grown up member

It is a lovely spoiler isn't it! I need to sell it as it keeps tempting me to buy a 1.9tdi B4 to go with my 20v!

Like I say I've tried it up against my B3 and it looks like it fits to me, you are right though on a B4 it looks too big, I suspect it is this that's made someone think it won't fit a B3.
Old 05-02-11, 08:08 PM   #4
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

you need to find a local B3 and try it !
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:22 PM   #5
wildoliver
Grown up member

well mine is 124cm across (B3) or thereabouts. Anyone with a B4?
Old 06-02-11, 03:37 PM   #6
wildoliver
Grown up member

£26 for the spoiler, can't go any lower. It will be off to ebay on Thurs if no luck.
Old 06-02-11, 05:22 PM   #7
David Small
David Small - Mr 80k
Classic Audi Club Member

Ol - it could be worth your while coming to the Noggin n Natter 3 weeks today !
David Small is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 06:50 PM   #8
wildoliver
Grown up member

Lol turn up with a boot full of Audi you mean?

I'm turning in to CAs version of a dodgy spiv, standing on street corners saying to passers by "hey mister fancy a relay"?