Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Tuesday joke (bring own sense of humour)

Old 14-02-17, 01:28 PM   #1
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Tuesday joke (bring own sense of humour)

So you start reversing into a parking space, when an idiot...

(Insert own happy ending)

Mine includes having said muppet park in the side of me. It's not the first time, and no doubt not the last.

The next 6 months are no doubt going to result in a protracted vehicle damage claim- there's next to nothing on my 100, but her fiesta bumper has been pulled out.

Apparently, in her opinion, I hit her.
There will now be a flurry of claims handlers offering hire cars, whiplash claims, loss of earnings, damaged cuticles, prolapsed vagina treatment, and stain removal vouchers.

Luckily enough, there was a witness. He presented himself to her several minutes later after I had walked away, offering his assistance. He was reluctant when asked, to provide any information to me (telephone number only) but seems oddly unhappy that I took his photo.

We need rugtrump over here- we could a rational situation- who ever can draw faster! And we ain't talking crayons.
Old 14-02-17, 01:33 PM   #2
chalkyh
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Ooooch, I've hurt my neck reading this!

It's the accident recovery calls that still do my nut in - 5 years after my accident. I'm sure insurance companies sell this data off.
chalkyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 01:55 PM   #3
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I know they do. The last claim I made was for a hit and run, all recoded on cctv. 2 years ago. I wasn't even in the car, but they are still offering me loan cars, whiplash claims, etc. All from the comfort of India.

Actually, there was a small clue in one call that the data for the incident may have come from my own broker, rather than the underwriter. It got to such epidemic proportions that I seriously considered changing my phone number, which would be a big ball ache; I've had the same telephone number since the early 90s, and still get old work contacts from 10 years ago calling me.

So today's event occurred in Tesco car park. Sadly, no camera coverage. The sudden appearance of a helpful witness (biased towards her) will no doubt be a major fecking irritation. She seems semi-determined to make a claim, so I guess I'd better call the insurers.
Old 14-02-17, 06:42 PM   #4
SorenR
Grown up member

So... If you have damage on the side of your car you must have been drifting sideways to hit her front bumper ??
SorenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 07:00 PM   #5
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorenR View Post
So... If you have damage on the side of your car you must have been drifting sideways to hit her front bumper ??
Strangely enough, that's the same daft conclusion that the idiot in the insurance company managed to arrive at while stating that I failed to stop!
She is insured by the same insurer. They've already started suggesting that it's 50/50.

Last edited by Hanuman; 14-02-17 at 07:02 PM.
Hanuman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 01:23 AM   #6
SorenR
Grown up member

Right... And the insurance companies are now wondering why more and more cars are equipped with dashcams...

Like this... Video changed 80/20 to 100/0 ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMBeZffBlU
SorenR is offline   Reply With Quote