Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars Wanted » 90 Quattro

Old 20-12-12, 11:32 PM   #31
wemyss
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Well the good news is my UrS6 passed the MOT Today. Once the Lambda sensor was replaced the emissions where "perfect" according to the tester. He said he did not even have to wait for it to warm up and that it would even sail past the limit for a brand new car, so well chuffed that the beast is obviously running well good!

My old man and myself have done a tone of work to get it through the MOT so glad it lives on. Not sure what to do now, my A4 is getting a bit of warrenty work done on the wings early next year so after that think I will offer the S6 for sale and continue with the plan to get a 90 Quattro. I have a bit still to do to the S6 but chipping away. If anyone is interested in one of these then give us a shout. General details are a N reg Manual saloon, 148K, full cream leather and very high spec.

On the 90 front after just 6 months I have my 2.0 90 back. Out of MOT and tax but think I will also keep her alive and my old man is going to use it as a second/project car I think.

All in all a good day

95 A6Q 2.8 12v
06 A4Q SLine 3.0 TDI
_____

88 90 2.0 (Pastures new)
96 UrS6 (Pastures new)
89 90Q 20v (Dead)
89 Coupe 2.2 (Pastures new)
99 A4 2.5 TDI (Pastures new)
95 80 TDI (Pastures new)
wemyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-12, 12:54 AM   #32
wemyss
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Ok it's not a 90 and the mileage is average but hey..................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-93-AU...item416f396c74

I wish I never looked at this, very nice car....

95 A6Q 2.8 12v
06 A4Q SLine 3.0 TDI
_____

88 90 2.0 (Pastures new)
96 UrS6 (Pastures new)
89 90Q 20v (Dead)
95 80 TDI (Pastures new)
Old 30-12-12, 08:59 PM   #33
istoo
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneandbolly View Post
i see you're north of the border, istoo - whereabouts are you?

craig
aberdoomshire

currently sans pre A series Audi at the moment. pal has my 90q20v sport now, but its resting doing not very much.. the more i come back on theser sites to have a read, the more i want it back... that said it took me a long time to find a replacement car for the 90 which tickles me as much as it did, still not got the character it has... IF i can find the space i will have her back again... maybe,... old cars!

Mark,

better than the devil you know, i am struggling not to take mine back... do i need it... not really, do i want it, YES!
---
'93 urS4 avant
'93 2.8 coupe quattro
'03 2.5 tdi quattro sport
'02 1.8T A6 avant
'92 2.8E 80 saloon
istoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 10:48 PM   #34
wemyss
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by istoo View Post
aberdoomshire

currently sans pre A series Audi at the moment. pal has my 90q20v sport now, but its resting doing not very much.. the more i come back on theser sites to have a read, the more i want it back... that said it took me a long time to find a replacement car for the 90 which tickles me as much as it did, still not got the character it has... IF i can find the space i will have her back again... maybe,... old cars!

Mark,

better than the devil you know, i am struggling not to take mine back... do i need it... not really, do i want it, YES!
Ah you are originally a Ross Shire man like me though so it is not all DOOM!

Aye, go and take the 90 back, it is your car and the money you have spent on it you will enjoy it more than anyone else. I am still tempted as well but think 3 Audi's are enough at the minute.

I did not plan to get my 90 back but could not watch it go for scrap, and if it were to go for scrap, I thought it would be better to put it there myself and take off the goodies that cost me time and money to put on to help a future project. I was passing it just about every second day also, and could not keep looking at it siting there doing nothing.

It is far to good to scrap though so hopefully will sort out a couple of issues and will be back on the road soon. Tester failed it on a bottom ball joint (which there is seriously nothing wrong with and totally scratching my head at. Had a replacement in my hand Today with all the bolts loosed off at one point, but got a second opinion from a tester I know and it will not be getting changed!), load sensing valve spring and a tyre. The latter are quick fixes. I notice since it has been sitting I need to free off the handbreak on one side and sort out the massive overfueling and it will be all go. Another good day Tomorrow and think I could be there!

My old man has big plans for it. He about finished his Fordson Super Dexter (I think that is right) tractor project and will then be taking the 90 back to former glory. He is also sh!t hot at body work which is something I have never improved on the car, as I am useless at it, so it should be a very smart car in the making.

All good

95 A6Q 2.8 12v
06 A4Q SLine 3.0 TDI
_____

88 90 2.0 (Pastures new)
96 UrS6 (Pastures new)
89 90Q 20v (Dead)
95 80 TDI (Pastures new)