Classic Audi Technical Mech/Tech Wheels & Tyres » Tyres

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-17, 11:05 AM   #1
hotsnot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 59
Default Tyres

So, I am struggling to get traction from my 185/60R14 tyres on my '87 CGT, it wheel spins in second in the damp. I would like to fit 195's but the selection is poor in 60 profile. Has anyone fitted Toyo T1R 195/55's?

Jase
hotsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 11:13 AM   #2
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bingley
Posts: 461
Default

15 inch wheels with 195/50 tyres would be my choice, ran our B2 coupe quattro on them back in the 90's excellent.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 11:34 AM   #3
Colin Aitchison
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Colin Aitchison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: 5 miles from Bathgate Central Scotland
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsnot View Post
So, I am struggling to get traction from my 185/60R14 tyres on my '87 CGT, it wheel spins in second in the damp. I would like to fit 195's but the selection is poor in 60 profile. Has anyone fitted Toyo T1R 195/55's?

Jase
You will struggle with any front wheel drive car at this time of year, grit, dirt and grease on the road and rubber getting harder as it gets colder, what about a pair of winter or snow tires, fit them to my Mk4 Golf 1.9 Tdi every year and it works for me, my own coupe 87 Gt runs 205x50x15 and can light up the tired in third going over the white line to pass a car with the foot on the floor in the wet in the summer time.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 11:55 AM   #4
hotsnot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 59
Default

My problem is finding a set of 15's, would like to keep it looking standard. Other alternative would be TD Pro Race 1.2's. I will fit the winter tyres I have to the front - I run the Evo on winter tyres this time of year.
hotsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 12:03 PM   #5
Colin Aitchison
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Colin Aitchison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: 5 miles from Bathgate Central Scotland
Posts: 951
Default

If you have 6" x 14" Ronal's on you car the right move would be to get a set of 7" x 15" Ronal's, deeper dish on the outer face and look good from the rear of the car, but very hard to get hold of a set, put up a wanted post on the forum you may get lucky, there was a post on the 28th of November with a set included in a job lot sale as well as 5 cars and many other wheels and spares, the seller may split if you can talk him into it.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 12:08 PM   #6
hotsnot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
If you have 6" x 14" Ronal's on you car the right move would be to get a set of 7" x 15" Ronal's, deeper dish on the outer face and look good from the rear of the car, but very hard to get hold of a set, put up a wanted post on the forum you may get lucky, there was a post on the 28th of November with a set included in a job lot sale as well as 5 cars and many other wheels and spares, the seller may split if you can talk him into it.
I saw that one and noted he wanted it gone as a job lot - wishful thinking I think...
hotsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 12:17 PM   #7
Colin Aitchison
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Colin Aitchison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: 5 miles from Bathgate Central Scotland
Posts: 951
Default

PM him and ask the buyers name on hear and PM the buyer, he may sell them to you, season of good will and all that.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 03:12 PM   #8
hotsnot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
PM him and ask the buyers name on hear and PM the buyer, he may sell them to you, season of good will and all that.
Done
hotsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 04:37 PM   #9
hotsnot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
my own coupe 87 Gt runs 205x50x15 and can light up the tired in third going over the white line to pass a car with the foot on the floor in the wet in the summer time.
What engine are you running?
hotsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 07:40 PM   #10
Colin Aitchison
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Colin Aitchison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: 5 miles from Bathgate Central Scotland
Posts: 951
Default

2.3 7A 20v with bag-o-snakes exhaust manifold, ported cylinder head, later 4 plug ECU, with Bosch fuel injectors, 280mm front discs with G60 twin piston calipers rear 278mm solid disc with standard calipers, 26mm front anti roll bar with diy solid drop links (no rubber bushes), diy 22mm rear anti roll bar, Koni adjustable shocks, H&R lowered coils, 65mm Powerflow exhaust, diy front and rear strut brace, I do a little bit of hill climbing with it.





Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna