Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » AAN Pipe dream :(

Old 13-11-20, 04:45 PM   #21
BIGGYIN
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Same story with me,Life got in the way.

Be interesting to,follow this build.
Need,lots of pics.

Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown
BIGGYIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-20, 07:30 PM   #22
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
So,.. I've been offered a used flywheel from an Audi 200 3B with part number 034105271F

If I buy this, what clutch do I need? One for an Audi 200 3B ? or one for an Audi UR Quattro or some kind of mix and match?
Used the 3B clutch on mine and cannot remember any major fitting issues. Just check that the flywheel centre bearing has the right inside dia for the gearbox clutch shaft

Coupe quattro 1986:-~450bhp + loooong list of mods!
Audi A7 Bi-TDI SLine Black edition 2015 mapped to produce 600lb/ft torque!
Audi S4 4.2 V8 cabriolet 2004:-
20vcqdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-20, 01:06 AM   #23
Gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Fitting the engines the easy part, youll need the mountings off a kv/wr/etc to sit it in the right position.
Flywheel I used was a 200turbo item, original thing was hooge.
Have you got the transponder key? If not youll need to get the ecu reflashed by member Spink on here to remove the protection (also puts a map upgrade in too).
Conrods-forget em, unless youre wanting to go way over the stock rev range (which you wont) theyre more than up to the job theyre designed for.
Youll also need to alter the drive belts on the front if youre using the kv/wr type alternator and position so that means a new damper and a diamond washer or stick with the sepentine belt setup.
Exhaust downpipe will need fabbing up, I found that part easy as I had the exhaust new from Roger Galvin in stainless and the downpipe from the aan is modificatable( new word???) so it lines up quite well with a small amount of welding and fiddling.
Oil coolers an issue (mine was) used a mish-mash of aan and ur pipes to get it the way I wanted.

Id go with what Simmo's said, fit it in and run it up, itll probably be fine as long as its not a knacker already.
As he said doing it the other way means lotsa money spent and years possibly of messing... personal experience speaking there btw.

Been offered an RR flywheel . is this basically the same as the one from the 200 3B?
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-20, 01:08 AM   #24
Gaz

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver View Post
I used a Sachs performance clutch. It increases the pedal effort needed but not drastically and as its still a normal plate not a paddle type its easy and progressive around town and still easily handles the 450+bhp it now has on its hybrid turbo. I also lightened the 3B flywheel (bolts straight upto 01E 5 speed on Cq/90) as I used Bassat down balancing to balance the whole engine so vibration at any rpm is a thing of the past..
Oh and I use a vacuum pump for the brakes as when on boost you don't have vacuum for the servo and got caught out with no servo assistance on a local road with lots of roundabouts a few years ago going from boost stright to brakes several times and this pump has eliminated this issue
How much Torque is your car making now?

I am thinking of getting a Sachs performance clutch maybe.
Old 16-11-20, 08:07 AM   #25
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
How much Torque is your car making now?

I am thinking of getting a Sachs performance clutch maybe.
Running around 450bhp and 380Lb/ft. Not been on a rolling road but the in gear performance stacks up against these figures with 50-70 in 3rd in 1.5 secs (6 speed box). To get more out the engine by fitting bigger turbo etc would spoil it as a road car so I'm not developing mine any further now

Old 17-11-20, 11:06 PM   #26
Gaz

Quote:
Running around 450bhp and 380Lb/ft. Not been on a rolling road but the in gear performance stacks up against these figures with 50-70 in 3rd in 1.5 secs (6 speed box). To get more out the engine by fitting bigger turbo etc would spoil it as a road car so I'm not developing mine any further now
Ah.. nice!

Does it feel like a pretty impressive shove when you fully open the taps ? ?

Would love to see the car and have a ride in this thing one day. Help give me the inspiration to finish my own to a similar standard. As it stands though, I think that's going to take quite a lot of work .
Old 18-11-20, 08:38 AM   #27
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Ah.. nice!

Does it feel like a pretty impressive shove when you fully open the taps ? ?

Would love to see the car and have a ride in this thing one day. Help give me the inspiration to finish my own to a similar standard. As it stands though, I think that's going to take quite a lot of work .
Once out of lockdown I'd be happy to have a drive out in your direction. Its old school performance so you get some lag, an initial shove then a 2nd shove at 3200 rpm that keeps going to 6800rpm. I also use an E-Boost2 so have it set up to try and give a flat torque curve from 3500rpm to 5400rpm. I could get it to keep pulling after that with a 7A exhaust cam to improve the top end breathing but don't wish to spoil what I have. Surprised a McLaren a few months ago upto 100mph so its not slow and left an RS4 last year upto similar speeds (don't go beyond this as value my license ) though got to over 150mph on the Autobahn in 2018 and has an extra 35bhp since then....

Old 28-11-20, 02:12 AM   #28
Gaz

Cool

Quote:
Once out of lockdown I'd be happy to have a drive out in your direction. Its old school performance so you get some lag, an initial shove then a 2nd shove at 3200 rpm that keeps going to 6800rpm. I also use an E-Boost2 so have it set up to try and give a flat torque curve from 3500rpm to 5400rpm. I could get it to keep pulling after that with a 7A exhaust cam to improve the top end breathing but don't wish to spoil what I have. Surprised a McLaren a few months ago upto 100mph so its not slow and left an RS4 last year upto similar speeds (don't go beyond this as value my license ) though got to over 150mph on the Autobahn in 2018 and has an extra 35bhp since then....
That sound pretty good to me. Would love to see a 'finished' article .
What do you reckon the 0-60 and 0-100 times are?
Old 04-12-20, 10:32 PM   #29
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
That sound pretty good to me. Would love to see a 'finished' article .
What do you reckon the 0-60 and 0-100 times are?
Getting consistent 0-60 times takes skill with the cgr box as its not the fastest change in the world but put your foot down from 10mph in 2nd will see a 20 to 60 in 2.5 secs, so should be under 4 secs from a standstill. 60-100 in 4th is between 4.8 and 5.1 secs so 100mph is under 9 secs if you get the gear changes spot on

Old 16-01-21, 11:50 PM   #30
Gaz

Question

Quote:
Getting consistent 0-60 times takes skill with the cgr box as its not the fastest change in the world but put your foot down from 10mph in 2nd will see a 20 to 60 in 2.5 secs, so should be under 4 secs from a standstill. 60-100 in 4th is between 4.8 and 5.1 secs so 100mph is under 9 secs if you get the gear changes spot on
That all sounds pretty good to me

So, I'm about to buy a clutch kit for this AAN engine to 016 b2/typ85 CQ Gear box.

I think this is the right one: https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/...-999707-999875

Is that correct?

Also I need a new clutch release bearing , is it this one?
https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/...g-043151271937

Or this one with an F at the end of the part number?
https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/...0-043151271937