Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » B3 Coupe quattro rear sub frame

Old 07-11-12, 09:30 AM   #11
mattl
Grown up member

oh yea shaun when i saw your advert I was considering the trip as I am in wiltshire and near Frome on the tip of somerset
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 11:50 AM   #12
spink
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattl View Post
lol yes shaun I just replied to your other mail asking what car it was before comming on here. Spink is being a proper legend and selling me a sub frame just getting my existing mounts checked out today first.

speaking of which spink I don't suppose you have an arial with base and a drivers side door catch mechanism do you?(obv for extra but thinking if you got parts you wouldn't mind selling then could buy at the same time!)
yes got all that
spink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-12, 01:14 PM   #13
mattl
Grown up member

bump....spink kindyly supplied me with a rear sub frame but mine has the anti roll bar on it...which in turn means the rear track rod ends hole centers are no where near and to fit the anti roll bar would mean putting a bolt right through where the track rod ends don't fit lol. am at a loss here really am tempted to sell it for scrap now as was only going to flog it once the mot was on anyway....i didn't really want to maintain it and plough money into it for 6 years to sell for scrap!
Old 21-11-12, 01:18 PM   #14
spink
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattl View Post
bump....spink kindyly supplied me with a rear sub frame but mine has the anti roll bar on it...which in turn means the rear track rod ends hole centers are no where near and to fit the anti roll bar would mean putting a bolt right through where the track rod ends don't fit lol. am at a loss here really am tempted to sell it for scrap now as was only going to flog it once the mot was on anyway....i didn't really want to maintain it and plough money into it for 6 years to sell for scrap!
bummer,send it back mate.I will try and put you in touch with someone else who may have one
spink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-12, 01:29 PM   #15
mattl
Grown up member

thanks dude....it was so close!!! I may hang onto it until i see what happens as might use it as a bargaining chip at the breakers or with someone selling one i need....will all be sorted in a week or so one way or another though!