Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Devastating loss

Old 29-06-19, 02:44 PM   #111
QuattroBird
Grown up member

Indeed it is the case that Tradition will only sell to business outside Germany now and individuals in Germany only (nice global approach).
However you need to get your local Audi dealer to purchase the parts from Tradition via the Audi Intranet, their internal system.
I have purchased several orders in the past few months from mine. They charge me approx straight Euro to Sterling exchange plus VaT and £20 delivery to the dealer for collection.

This is what Tradition replies to me. I past it to my dealer and they found it and got it sorted to buy from them

The technical malfunction in our Audi Tradition Online Shop in relation to the credit card payment applies only to our foreign
private customers.

Every Audi dealer has an own access to Audi Tradition, the
dealer portal. On the homepage he will find "Audi E-Shops" - the link to our online shop. He now is automatically logged in with
his dealer information and he can easily order the requested parts for you.
If he is not eligible to order yet, the administrator has to activate his account accordingly.

We apologize for any inconvenience with our Tradition Online Shop.
QuattroBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 11:15 AM   #112
M4rkp
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi80fan View Post
What was the verdict on the A4 in the end? Have you bought something to replace this or did you keep it on the road?

Unfortunately it didn't make sense throwing a load of money at it - I ended up getting a little runabout for the time being - Audi A6 Avant 3.2L V6 FSI S-Line quattro.....

M
M4rkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 04:09 PM   #113
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Nice "little runabout"
audi80fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 08:27 PM   #114
Sandro
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
I didnt suggest it needed a quarter, that was purely an example.

As others have stated, the steel has been exposed to high temps so its no longer the same spec of material it was when it was made, the inner wing for example is all burned up, as is the firewall and these both have structural aspects to them, how do you propose to re heatreat those panels?
You cant, you could just repaint them and hope for the best but the strength they once had wont now be present, and since the cars been declared a write off itll never have the worth it did pre fire.
My ur's cost me absolutely thousands and its still not finished, partly due to me being a lazy bugger and changing the spec but quite a lot due to parts availability and costs, if you want to go there and genuinely re-comission the car then ill wish you all the best with it, if youre just out for a quick profit then youre in the wrong place.
Strip it for useful parts and get your money back that way id say.
I would probably get another A80, A90 or Coupe for parts only car with straight front end, drill off necessary parts of it (fr. quarter, chassis, firewall and weld it on this UR. It would be safe and saved UR Quattro then.
Sandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-19, 04:58 PM   #115
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Yeah definitely one way of doing it, dont think id want to to have to source all the other bits tho, probably very very hard to find nowadays maybe even impossible.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote