Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » 62K Mile Coupe Quattro

Old 22-10-13, 01:02 PM   #1
lefthooker
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 62K Mile Coupe Quattro

Could be worth looking at for this price given the low mileage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Coupe...item3385f3887c

Last edited by lefthooker; 22-10-13 at 01:19 PM.
lefthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-13, 11:44 AM   #2
jmm
Grown up member

Just curious -is a correction of mileage a common practice in UK? Or maybe you have strict restrictions and it doesn't have place.

In Poland it's common, you can buy a plenty of 15 year old cars with diesel engines, that have 150-190 kkm on clock. ;-) And people belive in it.
jmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-13, 11:51 AM   #3
Leg2562
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post
Just curious -is a correction of mileage a common practice in UK? Or maybe you have strict restrictions and it doesn't have place.

In Poland it's common, you can buy a plenty of 15 year old cars with diesel engines, that have 150-190 kkm on clock. ;-) And people belive in it.
They call that 'Clocking' in the UK. At least I assume that's what you mean? Winding the odometer back to show a lower mileage?

It does happen over here too. Maybe not as common as in Poland. When looking to buy a car with suspiciously low mileage you just have to look at the overall condition of the car. The drivers seats in those Audis are a dead give away!
Leg2562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-13, 12:38 PM   #4
lefthooker
Classic Audi Club Member

I wonder how genuine that mileage is and what evidence there is to back it up?

Service history or old mot certificates would help to prove it, no mention of either.
Old 23-10-13, 08:38 PM   #5
jmm
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg2562 View Post
They call that 'Clocking' in the UK. At least I assume that's what you mean? Winding the odometer back to show a lower mileage?

It does happen over here too. Maybe not as common as in Poland. When looking to buy a car with suspiciously low mileage you just have to look at the overall condition of the car. The drivers seats in those Audis are a dead give away!

Yes, exactly what I mean. So you don't have any evidence of mileage during MOT's etc. ? For example, in Sweden, you can check mileage in the internet, just typing the reg plate number

I wonder because I've bought my CQ from UK, and Odo says that she has about 250kkm. But seats are like new, leather on the steering wheel also looks nice, so maybe it's true in my case.
jmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-13, 08:58 PM   #6
Leg2562
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post
Yes, exactly what I mean. So you don't have any evidence of mileage during MOT's etc. ? For example, in Sweden, you can check mileage in the internet, just typing the reg plate number

I wonder because I've bought my CQ from UK, and Odo says that she has about 250kkm. But seats are like new, leather on the steering wheel also looks nice, so maybe it's true in my case.
It's much less common in the UK now with electronic records of MOTs etc. Much harder for dodgy car salesman to 'clock' cars these days!
Leg2562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-13, 09:35 PM   #7
lefthooker
Classic Audi Club Member

I have a feeling this car belonged to Fluffys flyer on here. Can anyone remember?
Old 24-10-13, 10:07 PM   #8
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

one for that poor sod who just had a run in with a pug!

Old 24-10-13, 10:19 PM   #9
stuvy
Grown up member

I know of a taxi firm in before that ended up getting shut down as they purchased some new cars took them in complaining of faults but had 90,000 or so on the clock when in reality had over 290k and there master techs spotted it on there computer when the cars got plugged in. That company also short changed me once so good riddence!

On the upside if that's worth £3.5k I'm happy with what mine will be worth
stuvy is offline   Reply With Quote