Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » Vorsprung International 16 July 2023

Old 18-07-23, 03:11 AM   #41
sixaxles
Grown up member

im in the same boat, cant look at facebook, even though i was actually there, its always nice to see other peoples pictures of the day i think it was about half two when i left - saw the rain on the horizon in every direction, glad to see i was wrong and that it was only a heavy shower.
sixaxles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-23, 05:37 AM   #42
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Sounds like a good day was had, as above looking forward to photos.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-23, 06:53 AM   #43
anthonys2
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Small View Post
Well how good was that, Classic-Audi supplemented by 12 NSU's carried off the trophy for best club display after 24 years of trying. Apart for one heavy shower it was a brilliant day enjoyed by everyone involved.
My personal top car of the day was Stephen Conner's superb fully restored yellow B1 80 GT, it's stunning.
If I can figure out how to load photo's again I will do otherwise they are on the Classic-Audi Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/clas...2512816466926/
Well done David, rewarded for your efforts and hard work over the years. I enjoyed displaying my S2 even though I spent most of my time wondering around looking at the huge range of cars on display through all the clubs there.
anthonys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-23, 09:20 AM   #44
Obli
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Fantastic day, gathering and effort by all, especially David wrt Classic Audi. Well done mate! I'm delighted for the club and car win. Hope to be there with my car next time.

I took a bunch of photos, will share some here. An overwhelming amount of cars there! It thinned out pretty early, driven on by the changing weather, but with less cars there it made it easier to appreciate what was there somehow.

NobblyCQ (David) - your cars were looking fantastic, sorry I didn't get to meet you. One of my favourite cars of the day was your black 90, Mikes2's old car. It's looking great! It touched me to know it's in good hands and going to shows. Any idea what the front spoiler is? It's not factory but period bodykit, presumably? I'm not usually a fan of bodykits but the front spoiler looked good 👍

Another favourite car of the day for me was - can I say it here? - a flame red/orange Corrado VR6 that turned up briefly, slumming it with me in the non Audi area. That sounded gorgeous, looked immaculate and original... not sure the paint colour was factory but it looked great, a real eye catcher.

Cheers all! Bigger turnout next year?

Obli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-23, 09:33 AM   #45
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

Great photos!

I had a great time walking around seeing cars I'd owned over the years.
Thanks to those who either tried out my brake and clutch, or let me try theirs. I am now confident of what I need to do.
Also hopefully my suggestions to some others prove helpful!

Same time next year?
Old 18-07-23, 11:31 AM   #46
David Small
David Small - Mr 80k
Classic Audi Club Member

James, many thanks for the photo's.
David Small is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-23, 12:16 PM   #47
84CoupeGT
Grown up member

Great photos, a superb collection of cars there, and congratulations David on the win! Looks thoroughly deserved. I was sad not to make it in the end, I've been trying to get the car booked in for a proper alignment for ages but it's been unbelievably difficult to arrange. I took the car out for a test run he week before and although it seems to be running well, the alignment is quite badly out (tyre screech at low speed and wheel off centre), so I erred on the side of caution as it was a 200 mile round trip! I do now have an alignment booked for this week with someone I have found who has experience of B2 Coupes, so just hope it goes ahead and no more cancellations!!
84CoupeGT is offline   Reply With Quote