View Single Post
Old 30-01-20, 10:10 AM   #6
Stonk
Grown up member

Thank you!

I'll book a flight out there to try and free it.
I remember back in the late 80's I borrowed the Audi and towed a folding caravan to Chichester with my then girlfriend for a weekend break. Whilst towing, the clutch cable broke and I learnt to drive it without a clutch to the campsite by balancing the engine revs to the gearbox. The only pain was when I needed to come to a stop as I had to turn the engine off and start it in 1st gear.
The next day I drove it (sans caravan) to a local Audi garage to pick up a replacement cable and back at the campsite spent quite some time upside down in the footwell learning that instead of creating a new hole in the bulkhead, Audi had decided to use a system of pulleys, longer cable and use the same hole for the LHD model. Back breaking to fit and the clutch pedal has always been on stiff side.

Amazingly, the car still has it's original clutch.

On my next visit, if I can't free it I will drive it to a local garage for them to fit a new clutch. In other news, I have to clear out the garage as I will bring it back to the UK for good. I'm looking forward to fettling with it.
Stonk is offline   Reply With Quote