View Single Post
Old 17-12-17, 09:30 PM   #10
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

For normally aspirated power on your KV Mellis is right so expect max 180 bhp with a heavily modified head, will probably need bigger injectors as you'll be maxing out the duty cycle of the standard ones if they go that far which i doubt, you'll need exhaust improvements and radiator so this is not going to be cheap.

There is a normally aspirated 90 7A sport around which visits ADI most years that pushes out 260 bhp, that's not a typo, with a massively reworked block head ecu etc etc.It's quick but seriously drinks fuel.

The best bet i'm afraid is an ABY or an AAN 20Vt that's going to cost you a minimum of £3k just to buy the standard engine ecu, injectors ancillaries then there's a custom exhaust on top so your looking at best part of £4k this route.These parts are getting expensive now.

To get 350bhp from the ABY or AAN it needs to be RS2'd. You'll need injectors a chipset RS2 K24 7200 turbo and exh manifold that's at least £1.5k from prices around 2 years ago now second hand and will look stock or go with the Volvo K24 7400 turbo circa £400 + used and porsche 944 K26? hot side £££ second hand with a new special made Cartec EVO 2 RS Sport exh manifold thats another £500 new on a group buy and suitable Bosch injectors and the route i'm going down with the S6.So there's at least another £1600 then custom downpipes exhaust and a remap.££££

Having said all that there is a guy who did a 10v turbo conversion on his B3 coupe quattro, just need to find the thread.But it's your worst nightmare.

10V Turbo B3 some of you will recognise it.

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 17-12-17 at 09:47 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote