View Single Post
Old 21-12-16, 06:48 AM   #1
Gmac
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Odometer still not working!

Morning all!!!

Went out for the test drive yesterday and the odo and trip are still not working!!

SO I quickly took the cluster out again, took it apart and swapped the tiny cog that (that I replaced) and flipped it. I couldn't be sure which way it came off. Although pretty sure I had I correct the first time. All back together and out for another test drive, no difference!

I did however get the speedo needle put back on so that it reads the correct speed.

So now I'm a bit flummoxed. Here's where I need your help!

A few observations... Comparing the odometer gears.com Audi pdf...

My cluster looks slightly different on the back...my big black box is white on their example.

Also on their example they talk about removing the small circuit board and the wiring, which again mine doesn't have! Not too sure what it's for?? Something perhaps about an onboard trip computer. I believe they are using a cq cluster.

Pics of the differences...
Mine..

Theirs...

The small circuit board...

So now on to what I'd like to do...

I'd like to test the small motor that makes the gears spin as I can't see anything obviously wrong with the new wee cog and the setup of the original cogs, they all seem to mesh together correctly.

So how do I go about putting power on to this to see if the cogs are spinning at all???

Pic of the small motor setup....

Last edited by Gmac; 18-07-17 at 06:05 PM.
Gmac is offline   Reply With Quote