View Single Post
Old 05-06-18, 10:15 PM   #17
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacedub View Post
So, had a result today. Ordered a cog and guess what... It didn't resolve the issue. So I decided to strip down the mechanism and try figure it out. It turns out the worm gear that controls the side that doesn't move was seized solid within it's copper pipework, it literally would not budge even with me swinging on it. So I drilled out the rivets that hold the pipework to the frame and manipulated it all the way through. I got it to budge a cm then just kept moving it back and forth. An hour or so doing this dislodged years of black s***e and eventually it all came out and moved freely over the whole length. I lined it up with the other side, rebuilt and re greased the runners and boom a working sunroof! Now I've got to try fit it on my own... then the headlining to repair . Oh and Mark, I replaced your bespoke accelerator pedal

I'm surprised that was still there.

Great news that you managed to fix the roof i bet that makes you feel elated, it does me knowing it works just as it did for me that last time i opened it not knowing what was to come the next time.

Just to give you a bit more knowledge which might have contributed to the filth you say had accumulated.According the the sales guy in London when i bought the car, it had sat under a tree for 6 months while it's mature owner became ill and sadly passed away before the company he worked for took the car back.That might explain some of it?
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote