View Single Post
Old 15-06-18, 04:22 PM   #9
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
If after due diligence you come to the conclusion that the meter head and/or the regulator need refurbishment then £600 seems very reasonable to me. The warm up reg is quite simple in operation and readily reparable but meter heads are very very difficult indeed. When I worked on quattros I did do lots of them but I'm not to proud to admit that the first few were a complete disaster. The key thing is a need to be scrupulously clean-as in operating theatre/medically clean, the tiniest speck of dirt between mating surfaces and it will leak. Essentially you have metal to metal surfaces ( some that move)that have to seal fuel at several bar of pressure, they are incredibly finely machined.
Thanks for that very worthwhile info.
I’ll swap out what’s there with a working set and if the running improves then that will confirm the problem.
If it’s faulty then there’s no point me diagnosing it with pressure gauges as, being realistic, the DIY servicing of it looks like a marginal proposition. The cost of the guages and the gasket set would be a significant percentage of what it'd be to get KMI to do it.

Last edited by Duffy3074; 15-06-18 at 04:41 PM.
Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote