View Single Post
Old 19-11-17, 08:56 PM   #7
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagdream View Post
Colin,
Great piece of work although as Tun has said I also only had to do the O/S wing (probably because there had been a new wing fitted on the N/S).
Do I spot that you are using a single post lift and how convenient/usable do you find it? I am considering various options for lifting in my new garage.
G
Well spotted vagdream, yes it is a single post lift, I have limited height in my garage (2.7m) and at that time of purchase some years ago the shortest 2 post lift was 2.74m and the single post lift was 2.6m, so was kind of forced into it, yes it has its problems, the big base foot, the large bar below the car that restricts access to exhaust systems, yes it moves about a bit with a car on it, but its not fixed down it moves about something like a pallet truck, only one post and complete access to one side of the car, the single post has not stopped me working on cars or limited my abilities, my only real limitation is the lift height and that has always been there, I can get my head in below any wheel arch and if you are below the car you just need a seat with wheels. The two acro props on the other side from the single post are there for safety, if you have a project car on the lift for a few month it makes sense to me to have them there.

Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote