View Single Post
Old 10-11-18, 11:54 AM   #16
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschmallfella View Post
Hey all,

Right, so I need to get the windscreen replaced on the 200, apart from a small but growing crack on the bottom corner I have 2 rust spots that have appeared from previous bad workmanship when replacing a screen about 10 years ago (thank you Autoglass Ireland). So, what I want to do is remove the rubber and chrome intact, as I know they can't be got anymore. Does anyone here have any advice regarding the safe removal of said rubber and chrome?

Regarding replacing the glass, does anyone have any recommendations regarding where I can get a windscreen from to fit the type44 100/200? I know it's been mentioned here somewhere before but I can't find a thread for it.

Thank in advance guys.
See my thread from last year about replacing the windscreen on my B3 90:

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=37297

You don't say where the propagating crack is - internal or external? If it's internal and you still have the last invoice from Ireland and can convince Autoglass in UK that part of your trouble is as a result of that poor workmanship, they should replace the screen and fit a new OE trim for you. In my case they went halves with the repair cost and put a new screen and proper trim from Germany in.
Like Duffy I think it was, that new screen has developoed an internal crack and should ideally be changed but I am inclined to let sleeping dogs lie......
Good luck, Chris.
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote