Thread: Reality Check
View Single Post
Old 11-05-18, 10:19 AM   #16
bigchewie
Grown up member

My coupe project is very similar to that, and costs are not too different, my plan is to get the car roadworthy (didnt need as much servicing) as still has a current MOT, and cosmetically similar issues, headling (will be last job i think) a wing, and some trim pieces/potetially some paint, to which extent i havent decided yet - all cost dependant, but the big difference is the mileage is less than 100K, so more desireable but I guess less desirable engine (2.0 ABK) I dont see too much value in the car once done potetially £1-1.5K but i have a few friends asking about it already.

Before you go scrapping it, you could consider offering it as is to fellow members, for whatever price you deem correct. I assume with the shocks etc it wouldnt pass an MOT? would it be worth getting it through MOT with bare minimum, to be able to sell it as a rolling/driving project?

Long winded for not much points bur my thoughts for what they are worth. I do think if its saveable hopefully someone will, too many good cars not around anymore due to the likes of scrappage scheme, working on this coupe has made me thing of going for an similar era Avant for a daily rather than the 2010 v50 i have just now.
bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote