View Single Post
Old 27-05-18, 10:13 PM   #1
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Dublogic, Suffolk, today

The collective folk from JMR (customers and staff) took a host of cars to Dublogic at Debenham, Suffolk today. The Audis were represented by the Rallywreck (which is still very badly behaved, today was like the Apollo 13 mission) - Chris' 2017 Dublogic title winning 20vT Ur and Steve's superb GT...

We were also joined by a local chap who'd bought an 82bu 1921cc GT5S... I won't go into detail, but the car is the retro find of the decade. 85k, always garaged, no salt, no rust to speak of, original lining kit, ORIGINAL interior ( front bolsters the exception) with no sun damage (I kid you not) and original window stickers. It needs a proper polish/wax/buff work through, but my lords, with a bit of effort, it'd win concours after concours.... A superb find.

Here is the GT

The classic Audi line up

Random, but very [VERY] nice 928GT2 which looked like you could just jump in and take it to Munich... Such a lovely GT.

Quattros - Chris 20vT Ur and our 20vT RallyRep, which was in 'Apollo13' mode.... Possibly the worst 6 hours driving of my life, boiling hot outside and heaters full on to cool the engine... Knife edge overheating included swapping from oil (at speed) to coolant (moderate speed), only time it was truly happy (bizarrely) was idling in the queue for the Dartford Crossing which is utterly mad..... Until on arrival home I found the oil cooler was 'hand touch' warm after 3 hours of motorway driving. Hmmmm...

And the Audi GT's...

And the full line-up of Type 81/85''s...

I will save you a photo of my sunburn...

Last edited by Isimmo; 27-05-18 at 10:54 PM.
Isimmo is offline   Reply With Quote