View Single Post
Old 25-03-18, 01:52 PM   #7
Davids
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isimmo View Post
To clarify, it's plastic to plastic, the door pockets back to the broken plastic screw holders. It's really hard to explain, but put simply, if we put small things in the door pockets they can drop out the bottom when you open the door.
I had to repair my door panel as one was cracked, also the only thing we ever found that was near to successful for plastic repairs was a very good PU adhesive, Sikaflex or Wurth PU adhesive sealants are very good.

Nothing will repair successfully edge to edge but if you can get a bead behind, and even better if you can reinforce with some thin ally, perforated is best, then this can be successful.
My door card don't move now with this method and I was even able to wipe a bit of the PU into the facing part of the crack which helped to disguise it,

I have done a few door cards and bits of trim with a plastic bumper weld kit but you also need to paint really after this.

Give it a go with a tube of PU adhesive, degrease well, rough bonding surfaces, secure after gluing with tape o something like this and give it a good few days to go off before you touch it.

Cheers

David
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote