View Single Post
Old 20-02-10, 06:18 PM   #61
RetroAuto
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegee99 View Post
Annoyed though that some people have said they are interested but they never get back to me. Whats the point in that? Perhaps they are hoping to pick it up for tuppence. I'd rather scrap it than that. Its worth £150 in scrap and tax back alone. Bloody chancers
Deepest apologies, the past week has been hectic to say the least, I should have made time to log-in here and declare "I'm out"

after seeing the MOT mileages it confirmed my suspicions that the intermitent fault with the speedo (and therefore the milometer) has been around for more than just a month !

The wear on the driver's seat is indicative of considerably higher mileage, 40+years in the motor trade give you a nose for such things, and broad shoulders to bear comments like "Bloody chancers"

As I said before i have been running these cars since '88 and the fault with intermitent speedos/milometers is not uncommon, most owners 'forget' to mention it.

Today's scrap price in Telford is £100 per metric tonne =£126 for a large estate car.
RetroAuto is offline   Reply With Quote