View Single Post
Old 28-09-17, 09:55 AM   #1
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Brake upgrade options for 15" 4 stud

I have decided that I am going to have to further improve the braking on my Cq when it comes off the road next month, but as I wish to retain the factory look need something that fits under the 15" Ronal wheels.
Present upgrade I installed 12 years ago has been OK but now I'm running around 400bhp its not good enough especially when I can virtually accelerate faster than I can stop :

So present set up at the rear took the discs from 245mm x 10 to 256mm x 12mm using modified Black Diamond discs from the front of a 90bhp 1.9TDi Golf (altered for centre hole and 4x108pcd.) retaining original calipers but moved outward 5.5mm. Works well and not looking at changing the rears any further.
The fronts went up from 256mm to 280mm using Corrado G60 discs, again altered for the centre hole and PCD. C&R provided a new carrier to allow the original calipers to be used without any further mods (although I did need to change front struts for the early series 3 that had larger mountings but otherwise identical.) And have found the best pads (after various tests) for the car are Ferodo DS2500 race pads.

I am about to see if the early A4 288mm discs will fit with their larger calipers (need to source a new carrier too). These have a much bigger pad area so should be enough to make a big difference over present setup.
I was wondering if anyone has a working setup on their cars (retaining the 15" wheels). All suggestions welcome. Also been told a Ford Focus setup would work but would need more info on this

Coupe quattro 1986:-~450bhp + loooong list of mods!
Audi A7 Bi-TDI SLine Black edition 2015 mapped to produce 600lb/ft torque!
Audi S4 4.2 V8 cabriolet 2004:-
20vcqdriver is offline   Reply With Quote