View Single Post
Old 17-12-14, 08:01 PM   #2
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Back up for sale, slight change of plans (once again after spending loads of un-necessary money on her)

This is my second B6 Audi S4 and when I came to look for it I knew exactly what to look for as I was aware of all the problems these cars faced (timing rattle, auxiliary radiators, dual mass flywheel and clutch) and I was also aware of all the extras that made the car perfectly specced (RNS-E, Solar Sunroof that powers the air ventilation when the car is off, Carbon Trim, Black Nappa Leather interior) so that I could cherry pic the best of the best.

During my ownership she has had no expense spared on servicing, parts, upgrades and maintenance items totaling over £4,000 in the last 18 months to make her fast, reliable and solid.

These include:

- Full Milltek non-res cat back stainless steel exhaust system
- 19” Cades Tyrus alloy wheels with Michelin Eagle F1 tyres
- Two new rear calipers and hoses
- Uprated drilled and grooved discs and pads all round
- New alternator belt
- New suspension components
- New upper control arms (all 4)
- New CV joint
- New OSR Lower Front Suspension arm
- New rocker cover gaskets (no oil leaks)

The mileage is about average for the year of the car at 137,000 miles and these cars can do so well into the 200,000+ if maintained properly, I have no doubts about this car given the full and extensive service history of the car prior to and during my ownership.

She is a 6-speed manual with a silent box and a perfectly working clutch, starts from cold with no rattles or timing chain issues, drives solidly and consumes minimal oil. There are no leaks from the auxiliary radiators (common problem) and no misfires from the coilpacks (again, common problem with these cars), I have also taken her off the long-life Audi service plan so that oil changes are more regular and it has been proven this is better for the longevity of the car.

Inside, you aren’t short of toys as the car boasts dual zone climate control, Bose Stereo system with full RNS-E and updated official Audi navigation DVD as well a the 6-CD changer and MP3 SD slots (10 cards supplied), Electric heater leather Recaro seats, electric sunroof, electric mirrors, traction control

Ideally I was looking to keep her for the long term (hence carrying out loads of work and upgrade items) but I shake the desire to have something different as this is my second S4 but the opportunity to pick up a dream car has arrived hence the need to release funds for her purchase.

I am a member of AudiSRS and RS246 and details of the car and work undertaken can be found on these forums as well as extensive advice and guidance for prospective new owners of these rocket ships.

Tax runs till 31/10/15
Mot runs till 28/09/15
Next service (minor) due in 5000 miles

Based in Northampton and owner of a full VAGCOM system, I will be happy to undertake a full diagnostic scan the car before and after a test drive to prove there are no issues at all.

Looking at £6500 - Bargain considering the recent upgrades as well!

New pics...

1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote