View Single Post
Old 14-05-17, 09:23 AM   #1
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Default *Rant* Old duffers going to church....

... Possibly...

And I've ranted about this before...

Took the dog for an early Sunday morning walk around Pulborough Brooks, lovely it was too... On the way home, caught up with an old couple in a Nissan ecoshite thingy doing 32mph and wandering from road edge to dotted central white line... This is in a derestricted section of gently sweeping wooded road where even the cautious are doing 50mph...

Being in the Land Rover I wasn't in a position to overtake the roadblock, so, resigned to my fate, I dutifully dropped back and followed said coffin dodger., quietly hoping to witness a terrible accident and make the cost of my road tax actually worth while...

Anyway, we eventually arrived into the 30 limit in Storrington, where the road straightens up past the playing fields where the kids are all out for Sunday football practice... And guess what? Old duffer suddenly finds the straight too tempting and speeds up to 45mph leaving me far behind..

Now, I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I assumed the idea was to at least follow the spirit of the law...?

Anyway, cut a long story short, when me and the mutt get into the village centre, behold, there's the Nissan 'Righteousness' , half on the pavement, half on the road, on some double yellow lines, forcing cars to give way to oncoming traffic, with the window down and talking to the Vicar...

Now I'm a reasonable man (sometimes), but surely there's got to be a case for euthanasia for some of these toss-pots? Even if its just for the betterment of the wider civilisation...