View Single Post
Old 14-01-17, 06:18 PM   #48
Jimbo
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Just looking at blackcircle.com and typed in 225/50 16 and can see i quite like the Continental sport contact it being a Porsche fitment tyre. It's a N2 rating. Just gone onto Camskill and it's cheaper there and they're offering 2 types. An N1 or an N2. Whats the difference between the 2?

I would have thought the continental sport contact would rate as good as the Asmmetric 2's, but it doesn't quite being B for wet and F for fuel economy and 71db N2 rating. Assy 2,(225/55 16) 5mm higher profile being A for wet C for economy and 69db. It's a little confusing but i guess the N rated tyre is more sports orientated in the dry?....... but not quite as good as the assymetric 2's tyre in the wet? Would that be a reasonable guess?

Cheers Mark.
Hi Mark,

Tyre labelling is a bloody nightmare, And your quite right there is no rating for dry grip. But rest assured being Porsche rated they will be pretty good! They might not be the longest lasting. However there has to be a trade off somewhere. Porsche numbers work like this.

N0 : First approved tyre
N1 : Approved tyre with a few enhancements compared to the N0
N2 : Same thing, compared to N1

don't go thinking a N3 is better than a N0, the N0 could be a brand new tyre!

I love the blackcircle website as it's easy to use.

Hope its been a help.

James