View Single Post
Old 20-08-18, 10:19 PM   #5
maurice.walsh
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellis46 View Post
Are the cars so obscure they wouldn't have any other way of verifying what they are or when they were made? Without a log book / registration certificate it used to be the DVLA would accept other information corroborated / verified by a recognised owners club or the like. I would think in theory it would be possible, in the UK at least. Whether you could have any of them on an age specific plate with an mot or tax exemption etc... that might be another matter! Is there any recourse approaching any of the manufacturers ( prob absorbed into other companies back in the mist of time i guess?). Having said that might only be things you could do after taking the plunge...!
none so obscure that sizeable OC's do not exist, chassis numbers/date plates are present and can be used i assume, some makes have been subsumed or no longer exist but all are known european names, wanderer/dkw (auto union/audi), steyr (austrian) , miaco (german), nothing too unknown yet lost to time, behind a wall long gone, as i said official paperwork can be got to support the cars, just not a new logbook/ reg doc, the people with these cars , while try'n to get government to listen/do something so that these cars are not lost out of their country, rather than see them rot away, are selling them quite cheaply to have them saved/restored, my contact is not a business but is a collector and has a few cars with papers , mostly vw beetles, and some his father got back in the day for restoration that have sat in a shed/garage for quite a long time

Last edited by maurice.walsh; 20-08-18 at 10:24 PM.
maurice.walsh is offline   Reply With Quote