View Single Post
Old 26-12-09, 09:00 PM   #9
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davallew View Post
The picture shows the Coupe, like the Coupe quattro 20 Valve that Alistair and Alex used to have, it was in the concours at Audi's in the Park, looks nice with deeper dish though, would love a set. There was an excellent set on ebay last year or the year before and they went for a sustantial amount of money.
Given how much they cost to refurb, you can understand why!

The spare on our old CQ20V had never even been out of the boot and was immaculate and just how Speedlines should be, but sadly they always seem to suffer from lacquer lift and then they do look shabby.

I've got 35 Speedline bolts sitting on my desk next to my computer at the moment. (although they were sold in bags of 60)
The label on the bag says "Distributed by Votex GmbH West Germany" part no. 893 071 788.
Given the fact that it says West Germany, I kinda gather that they may be old stock, but I know Martin at Retro Auto recently bought 120 of them from Argentina (as that was the cheapest place to get them).
Demon Tweeks do sell the bolts in different colours but at over a £1.00 a time, you'll be looking at a very expensive set of wheels!
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote