View Single Post
Old 01-01-18, 11:20 PM   #7
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Hanuman, Whilst I agree with you and John this would have already been done by my self to eliminate the starter from from the list of suspects in the non-starting car, I can not find the post that talks about low voltage being one of the problems with the digital dashes, but Peter Knight name was mentioned in the post as always, as for the wire that controls the starter solenoid it only has 6 to 7 volts when the ign. switch is in start mode, the starter solenoid dose no even click, but with only 6 to 7 volts I am not surprised, looking through the wiring diagram from a 1980/81 quattro the output wire from the back of the ign. switch is 4.0mm red with black stripe, runs to fuse box, tee of in fuse box 1.0mm red and black stripe to J95 timing relay for cold start valve and F26 thermotime switch and N17 cold start valve, then out of fuse box in 2.5mm red and gray stripe to connector T9a (nine pole, engine compartment left) then to connector T1a ( single pole, engine compartment right) now black wire and terminates in female spade end on starter, now with my limited knowledge of wiring and this car connector T1a will be my first port of call, from memory there are three single pole connectors down behind the drivers side head light clipped to the inside of the chassis leg, I think they are red, yellow and blue, can you confirm any of this or if you can send me the correct wiring diagram for a 1984/85 WR Ur quattro.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote