View Single Post
Old 08-01-18, 01:47 PM   #26
Jimbo 123
Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
Hi, Have been following your quest for a nice Audi 80. Whilst the one you selected looks ok'ish , the one I'd go for is under item number 282696763855. ( couldn't get the link to work )

I was tempted myself , more especially as its an injected version rather than a carb version. Admittedly higher miles but supposedly has a full Audi service history and only one owner. Also higher price but the seller might have some leeway as he is a dealer and you might be able to get a short warranty.

I have no connection with the sale I hasten to add, but from previous experiences, I'd try and steer clear of the old carb cars. Good Luck.
Thanks for the response. You mention that it is ok'ish is there anything that puts you off aside from the it being carb'ed?

What puts me off with the Audi you have shown is that it is literally the other side of the country for me, plus I prefer that interior of the one I have posted.

When you say avoid carb cars from previous experience, have you had issues with carb'd Audi 80's in the past?
Jimbo 123 is offline   Reply With Quote