Old 11-11-18, 01:46 AM   #17
theschmallfella
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwallownAmazon View Post
See my thread from last year about replacing the windscreen on my B3 90:

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=37297

You don't say where the propagating crack is - internal or external? If it's internal and you still have the last invoice from Ireland and can convince Autoglass in UK that part of your trouble is as a result of that poor workmanship, they should replace the screen and fit a new OE trim for you. In my case they went halves with the repair cost and put a new screen and proper trim from Germany in.
Like Duffy I think it was, that new screen has developoed an internal crack and should ideally be changed but I am inclined to let sleeping dogs lie......
Good luck, Chris.
Cheers for that Chris, I can't tell if it's internal or external, but I will say this, the time I got the screen replaced it was actually it's second replacement in the space of 2 weeks. The first screen developed a crack in almost the same spot within a day of fitting, I got them back to replace it free of charge and at the time I remember the chap telling me it was the last trim/rubber/screen they had in stock. I didn't like that guy, the first lad was all chat, had a cuppa and was happy for me to watch, the second fella told me from the off he didn't like being watched. I watched him from the house and thought he was a bit rough when doing the removal, the rust spots are the result of that.
After a bit of a dig I found both receipts from Autoglass, the second stating that it was a stress crack and paid for by Autoglass themselves to replace. It's 8 years though, so I'd say that ship has well and truly sailed!
theschmallfella is offline   Reply With Quote