View Single Post
Old 21-03-17, 08:12 AM   #5
andya
Classic Audi Club Member

Well to give you an update,

Mine has the idle control valve, not an AAV. I've swapped it over with others, no difference. Other things I've tried

1. Refurbished the Bosch warm up regulator - got it done professionally, made no difference

2. Replaced various hoses - especially the ones that carry oil - that one behind the isv had turned to a floppy mess! Luckily I've just recently broken a kv GT for parts and I've been swapping bits over. As I have no idea on the state of the vacuum pipes to do with the intake (nylon sheath protection, probably 30 years old), I have just ordered some replacement pipe to replace.

3. After taking the air intake box off yesterday, I could suddenly see the overrun solenoid, and the wire had broken off its clip and was overhanging the exhaust manifold - the result was a melted mess and a connection close to breaking. Like I say, ive just broken a GT, so it was a nice easy swap over. Optimistically I thought this might solve it. Nah!

So I am fast running out of ideas. I have 2 more things to explore - changing those vacuum pipes, you never know, there may be a leak.

And secondly what about a fuel pressure problem? The system relies on the pressure in the system until the pump starts. It could be if the pressure is initially too low, it causes an over revving problem. I'm taking the cq down to Cornwall for a week (i can live with this for now!), but will look to pressure test it on my return, I'll also change those vacuum pipes at the same time.

What do people think? Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Many thanks
Andy

andya is offline   Reply With Quote