View Single Post
Old 15-07-18, 10:53 PM   #1
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Lucky for someone I was in the Mk4 Golf Tdi

My turn for the soapbox, going up to a friends today in Glen Devon, a journey of 9 miles I had to negotiate the Dollar bends, this is a set of sum 16 bends that may have been my driving training ground in my youth, all my cars have been to limit on these bends and as a local know them like the back of my hand, leaving Tillicoultry's 30MPH limit I found myself behind a Skoda Yeti and with the road being wet for the first time in a long time there was white foam in most of the puddles, this is a sure sign of oil on the road and the Golf was not so sure footed as it normally is, well I put this down to the foam/oil on the road and settled down behind the skoda at 37-40 MPH leaving a good 50 meters between him and myself, during my passage of the dollar bends I noticed a black corsa in the over head mirror that was starting to get very impatient behind me, he had a couple of looks at overtaking but what was the point he was only going to get as far as the Skoda, that didn't stop him, I heard the gear drop down into second gear as he went for it and pulled out foot on the floor, he clipped my right rear bumper on the way out as passed me, I was right on the lights and horn and give him is due he did indicate and stop 100m down the road, he jumps out and asks if he's tagged me in his overtaking maneuver, the reply he got was not what he was expecting, or maybe it was, "what the f**k was that all about, you over took me on wet oily roads crossing double white lines to sit behind a Skoda to drive through Dollar" by that time we are at the back of the car looking at the bumper rash he has left on my car, " it doesn't look that bad that will rub out " is his reply, "stuff that" I replied, I need you insurance details, his reply was "no", by this time I had the phone out taking photos of him and his car and Reg. I said " look mate I will phone the cops " his reply was " what are they going to do ", well leaving the scene of an accident without leaving your insurance details is classified as a hit and run and crossing double white lines to pass another car is going to cost you, well off he went, now in the hands of the cops, photo of gent below, you may notice the dash cam in his car below the over head mirror looking out for dicks on the road, but it may be facing the wrong way, updates as and when.

Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote